I'm not confused in any way about low to high being 6 to 1. I'm already use to it.

But I think it is not a good idea to have EADGBe= 654321. Because from low E to High E, the pitch goes up. Well why not have the numbers go up? like 123456.

Or please explain why EADGBe = 654321. Don't get mad please...
Because it just is.

Why do you want to do it differently to everyone else...what's that going to achive other than confusing you?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Because it just is.

Why do you want to do it differently to everyone else...what's that going to achive other than confusing you?

It was just a question...As I said, I'm already use to the real way so I'm not as interested in another...
I can actually understand your argument in some sense..When referring to piano octaves it goes from low to high (ex. C1-C5) but who knows why some things are the way they are.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Last edited by SPBY at Dec 16, 2009,
It's just logical that the numbers be placed that way. There are many advantages to it

Everyone hold the guitar neck the same way. Your hand wrap around the neck coming up from below. The first string you touch will be the high E, next will be B, then G, D, A and the last will be low E (if you have it in Standard E). This also make tabs easier to interpret. Take a picture of your guitar neck and turn the nut side to the left and you'll see.

A cool fact is that if you add a string or two to the guitar (7/8 strings) or remove strings (say, bass 4/5 strings). The string numbering will still remain the same to the number. hight E still the 1st, B still 2nd etc... It's just much more simple this way.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Dec 16, 2009,
Quote by hminh87
A cool fact is that if you add a string or two to the guitar (7/8 strings) or remove strings (say, bass 4/5 strings). The string numbering will still remain the same to the number. hight E still the 1st, B still 2nd etc... It's just much more simple this way.
Winnar!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by SPBY

^ what this guy said right hurr

Quote by toyboxmonster
This + your avatar made soy milk come out my nose.

you pussy

Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Dec 16, 2009,
Just the way things are. Why do Americans drive on the right side of the street? Why are there 12 inches in a foot?Why not 10? or 14? Someone just decided, "this is how shits gonna be from now on"
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by icaneatcatfood
You could just read music.

Exactly what difference would that make?! Most tabs are labelled EADGBe!