Not very new. I strongly dislike you.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
someone was trying to tell me about knight metal recently too. It's ridiculous how just cause of viking metal these dumbasses try to make all these other subgenres...
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by Monolith295
Not very new. I strongly dislike you.

This.

Seriously, why hasn't this dude been banned yet?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by romencer17
someone was trying to tell me about knight metal recently too. It's ridiculous how just cause of viking metal these dumbasses try to make all these other subgenres...

I think (intelligent) people who use these terms realize these aren't new subgenres, just like how "viking metal" is not a sub genre, it's just bands that sing about vikings and similar things. Same goes for pirate metal.

and just to be a shit disturber: Alestorm > running wild
eh, I think viking metal is a legitimate subgenre, but only when it's in the vein of Quorthon's work.

Sumdeus
Eh, folk metal doesn't give me that same epic feeling as Nordland or something.

Sumdeus
Quote by technicolour
I think (intelligent) people who use these terms realize these aren't new subgenres, just like how "viking metal" is not a sub genre, it's just bands that sing about vikings and similar things. Same goes for pirate metal.

and just to be a shit disturber: Alestorm > running wild

Actually viking metal is a subgenre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deqmV16hUko

This for example classifies as viking metal for me.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
This.

Seriously, why hasn't this dude been banned yet?

I've been a here for about a year now and I've found that you would have to be a massive dickhead in order to get banned from the metal forum.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by KreatorRage
Actually viking metal is a subgenre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deqmV16hUko

This for example classifies as viking metal for me.

Again, I'd personally throw it under folk or melodic death metal, or a mix of the two. I do understand the "feel" you guys are talking about though, I just choose not to use that label for whatever reason.