I have a cheap strat copy that i never use and i was thinking of upgrading it with a new neck, a new bridge, and new pickups (im thinking of getting the best neck/Bridge/Pickups i can get my hands on).
Is it worth it?
Does anyone here have any experience with upgrading cheap guitars like this?
How much does a good neck have to say when it comes to sound?
If i want the best upgrade possible, is there anything else i should change on the guitar?

any suggestions will be appreciated
it can be worth it, you can pick up a neck on warmoth for about $200 or get a used ender neck for less, you should look at rewiring it completely, and also look at locking tuners
I know that most of the difference is in the playability of the neck and electronics. I know a lot of people say that the body wood effects the sound, and I am sure that it does, but I have no ability to hear the difference and I would think that it would never matter. I would say go for it, I did with a 1988 ibanez iceman and i love it.
Quote by CrazyLikePizza
I have a cheap strat copy that i never use and i was thinking of upgrading it with a new neck, a new bridge, and new pickups (im thinking of getting the best neck/Bridge/Pickups i can get my hands on).
Is it worth it?
Does anyone here have any experience with upgrading cheap guitars like this?
How much does a good neck have to say when it comes to sound?
If i want the best upgrade possible, is there anything else i should change on the guitar?

any suggestions will be appreciated

you could change the body...

It seems like you'd only be leaving the body. In that case you might as well build an entirely new guitar. Be warned that top materials don't always mean it will play amazing. There was a guitar on ebay a while back with top components (warmouth neck/body, locking tuners, American strat pickups, two-point american strat bridge, the works) and he was selling it because the neck didn't fit the body perfectly and the action wasn't right. If a guitar has amazing tone, but you can't play it then it's not worth it.

That being said, I'd recommend changing to locking tuners.
the neck effects alot of the tone so make sure you get a good quality one and the right sized one as well. there are two size types for necks so watch out there. it is a project worth doing as well a nice idea might be to the body a new layer of wateva it is coated with to help the tone more.

rewire the beast as well when you get new pickups in it, there are millions of combinations out there to try so go onto a few google sites and start thinking about the sound you want.

good luck
I am not going to change the body, but i will get locking tuners.
Thank you for the tips guys, it have been very helpful
Id just say for now just upgrade the pickups and electronics. Get locking tuners, straplocks, and do a fret leveling. Also try upgrading the bridge.
guitarfetish.com will have everything you need, even necks.