Earlier on today i read something about when John Frusciante was writing the album "smile from the streets you hold", he was heavily addicted to heroin and other drugs, in the title track, i believe it is about River Pheonix, who John was good friends with, he is high as a kite when he is playing and said in an interview or something that he was in touch with the spirits while recording it, he is in tears at the end of the song.

Any other cool stories?
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
theres that other one where the girl breaks up with the dude and hes all sad
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
You do this as a fad, we do this as a lifestyle - Daggermouth

Actually...there's an ass ton of songs dude...
Achilles Last Stand being about Robert Plant getting in a car accident and hurting his foot or leg.
Joe Satriani wrote Surfing With an Alien the morning after he dreamed about surfing with aliens. Also Stairway to Heaven- it doesn't mean shit it's just F****ed up lyrics that sound good
Last edited by gatechballer at Dec 16, 2009,
Limousine by Brand New.
"This song is about the death of 7-year old Katie Flynn. Hours before her death, Katie was the flower girl at her aunt's wedding, spreading petals down the aisle. As they left the wedding, they all got into a limousine and headed home. Martin Heidgen, 25, had had at least 14 drinks that night and his blood alcohol content (0.28) was more than three times the legal limit in New York (0.08). He drove more than two miles north in the southbound lane containing the Flynn family. Both the driver of the limousine, Stanley Rabinowitz, and Katie were killed instantly. Katie was decapitated and her mother held her head as rescue workers helped the rest of the family out of the vehicle.

The lyrics in this song draw many parallels to this tragedy. The first verse is seemingly from the mother's perspective, telling Katie to spread the petals and mentioning that she had one more night to be her mother. The second verse is arguably from Heidgen's perspective, referring to Katie as "My beauty supreme," and lamenting the guilt that crushes him. Four lines are sung towards the very end of the song and are nearly inaudible against the refrain. These lines seem to be from Katie's perspective and mention how she will never have to deal with loss herself, and therefore "should be the one laughing."
James Hetfield wrote Fade To Black after all of Metallica's gear was stolen on the Kill 'Em All tour... In the stolen things, there was, I believe, a guitar his mom gave James days before she died of cancer.

Also, Motley Crue wrote Kickstart My Heart after one of the members (I don't remember which one, I hate Motley Crue) was literally kickstarted after a drug overdose.
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings! Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams!

VIVE LE QUÉBEC! VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE!

Charles De Gaulle, 1967

It's better to live one day as a lion
Than a thousand years as a lamb
Last edited by metallica4life_ at Dec 16, 2009,
Limousine is one of the darkest, I love that song and its history.
Away Message: I fell out of my chair, this may take awhile.
Quote by joshua122593
Alive - Pearl Jam

It's about Eddie's stepfather who he thought was his real father.

and his real daddy was dying
he was sorry he didnt get to see him
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Lola by The Kinks is written about this guy who falls in love with a girl, and then finds out that "she" was a transvestite!
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
The whole of Led Zeppelin's discography is a story about an immigrant who used to make a living off of citrus fruit. He decides he hates his wife and leaves. At first he enjoys his new life, but then he realizes that he has to make a living tiling floors. One summer, his house, which is strategically placed under a levee, is swept away by too much rain. He decides to go back to his country, but is executed as a traitor.

Tangerine
The Lemon Song
Good Times, Bad Times
Communication Breakdown
Heartbreaker
Babe, I'm Leaving You
Over the Hills and Far Away
Going to California
Immigrant Song
Celebration Day
Dancing Days
Out on the Tiles
The Rain Song
When the Levee Breaks
Bring it On Home
Gallow's Pole
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
All of coheed and cambria/pfi? Really good story imho.
Its the sins you do that make us who we are, but we still go to hell for them.
Thrice's Lullaby is a counter-song to John Lennon's Imagine.
Its about all the flaws with Lennon's philosophy.
Currently Looking For:
NES: Zelda (Gold Cart), Metroid, Ninja Turtles Series
N64: Mario 64, Majora's Mask, Harvest Moon
On Talking Heads' Speaking In Tongues, David Byrne wrote the lyrics by first making random noises along with the music, and later replacing the noises with words, which didn't really form any coherent idea or story; he decided to stop making sense.

I thought that was pretty cool.
Quote by Karvid
The whole of Led Zeppelin's discography is a story about an immigrant who used to make a living off of citrus fruit. He decides he hates his wife and leaves. At first he enjoys his new life, but then he realizes that he has to make a living tiling floors. One summer, his house, which is strategically placed under a levee, is swept away by too much rain. He decides to go back to his country, but is executed as a traitor.

Tangerine
The Lemon Song
Good Times, Bad Times
Communication Breakdown
Heartbreaker
Babe, I'm Leaving You
Going to California
Immigrant Song
Celebration Day
Dancing Days
Out on the Tiles
The Rain Song
When the Levee Breaks
Bring it On Home
Gallow's Pole

What the hell? Looks like I'll be listening to a lot of Led Zep tonight.
Coheed and Cambria have a cool story that goes along with all their songs. It's very epic.

The Count of Tuscany by Dream Theater is about an experience John Petrucci had while he was in Tuscany, he thought he was going to get killed by this guy in a castle and saw some creepy shit, but he was just getting trolled.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
System of a Down - Kill Rock 'n Roll

rock n roll is, in a sense, the name of a rabbit their guitarist Daron Malakian accidentally ran over on his way to the studio one day. as he was backing out of his driveway, he felt a bump, and noticed he had hit a rabbit. he felt extremely bad and was sad about it all day. however, when he got home from the studio that night, the dead rabbit was gone and there was a rabbit in his yard that looked exactly like the one he had hit (as if you can tell the difference between random everyday rabbits..) and he was inspired to write a song. listen to the lyrics, and it makes perfect sense. this also explains the random-ass break or bridge in the middle or whatever you wanna call it where he says
Eat all the grass that you want, accidents happen in the dark

tl;dr - the guitarist hit a rabbit with his car and felt bad. end of story.
...why?
Quote by Karvid

Tangerine
The Lemon Song
Good Times, Bad Times
Communication Breakdown
Heartbreaker
Babe, I'm Leaving You
Going to California
Immigrant Song
Celebration Day
Dancing Days
Out on the Tiles
The Rain Song
When the Levee Breaks
Bring it On Home
Gallow's Pole

"Squeeze me, babe, 'till the juice runs down my leg
Do, squeeze, squeeze me, baby, until the juice runs down my leg
The way you squeeze my lemon-a
I'm gonna fall right outta bed, 'ed, 'ed, bed, yeah"

Yeah. Sounds like a really story driven song.

Maybe he takes a break for a handjob?
R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
Quote by naedauuf
2112 bro.

+Over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and You're So Vain.
NRANNHLEILR
OETYSI LRNYS
TATOENYSGM
HLENEGMNRA
IL RENRAOET
NYSCOETTAT
GMAATATHLE

To me. Try, you know you want to^

Puberty
Quote by Will Swanson
I was surprised the first time I came. It shot two feet into the air. I couldn't stop laughing.
James Hetfield - Fade To Black

Someone stole his most beloved amp and he traveled everywhere to find one with the same tone as it.
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

Quote by tatotato
lolol this is the name of a Talking Heads album.

Which takes it's name from a line in the song "Girlfriend is Better", off Speaking in Tongues.
A few people have said Coheed, but havent fully gone into it.

Please excuse any typos, but my rat is climbing all over the keyboard.

SOOO What i got from reading the comics and listening to the songs is that:
There is a family, Coheed, Cambria, Claudio, Josephine, Shabutie and some other kid. Coheed has these whack dreams where he is a scientific experiment designed to house the monstar virus. He knows these dreams mean something and they only come to mean more when an emissary of Wilhelm Ryan, May Deftinwolf tells him he is finally needed by House Atlantic to save the Keywork. The Keywork is a network of 72 planets held together by energy beams that are powered by three stars. Hence the logo. Meanwhile, Josephine is on a date with her boyfriend Patrick and he takes her into the Jersey Devils teritory where she is gang raped. [A Devil in Jersey City] So Mayo convinces Coheed to kill all his kids, starting with Shabutie and the other one, then he kills the just-raped Josephine with a hammer to the back of her head, Claudio is off doing his own thang. I forget what.

Theeeeeeeennnnn....

They find out that killing their kids was not necessary at all. They break free of their shackles, take over the ship and get in touch with Jesse, an IRO bot and Coheeds brother. Or something. They get free, yay. Oh, and before that, Jesse convinced Maria, who was a Prise, to raise all the other Prise and fight for the keywork. Which doesnt really make sense because Ambellina is the head of the Prise. Anyway...

So Claudio comes home to find his siblings brutally murdered, and an Onstantine priest is sent after him to finish the job. Then his magical wall powers ki Pck in and he escapes. Before that, he meets Newo and leaves her a note. One of the Prise has to take Human form To find and protect Claudio, but instead ends up looking after Newo. Whatever, pretty sure she dies anyway.

At some point in all of this, there is a psycho killer called Al, who is in love with his gun, the Faint of Hearts, and he kills his ex. Pretty sure he is an IRO bot too.

So then it turns out that the monstar virus can be awoken by the Synstar virus, which will only happen when Mayo succeeds where Admiral Velmar Crom failed in releasing alot of dragonflies onto Paris: Earth. The monstar virus is released, and coheed goes all big monster and destroys one of the stars powering the keywork before being killed by Cambria, who then kills herself.

Meanwhile, shitloads of people are battling Onstantine priests and being killed, and Maria gets killed by Mayo. Then, to throw in a complete mindf***, the writer of the entiiiiiiire story starts talking to his bicycle who persuades him to kill Ambelina, the last true hope for the keywork.

Umm then just as the planets drift apart under the weakened keywork, the prise band together and restore it. Happy ending so far.

Oh yeah, during all of this, Claudio was helping a slave race whilst being attacked by the Crowing, developing his powers and earning the name Hearshot Kid. He hides in some sewers til Claudio Sanchez writes a sequel.

Jesse, all sad and stuff about everyone dying, takes up wrestling where he is the Prize Fighter Inferno.

Now. Prize Fighter Inferno. Has nothing to do with Jesse, or the entire Co&Ca Universe as far as Keywork stuff goes.
These two insane brothers think they can extract souls by tearing apart peoples bodies in their Blood Machine. Something about a bee keeper, a couple of families getting murdered and Amish people burying Sanchez in a whack unrelated film clip. I dont know yet, im just enjoying that album without getting into the concept too much yet.

AND today I just bought all of Kill Audio. Im not even going to start describing that.
The end.
...In my opinion.
Black betty. I'm not joking, it's an old negro-slave song which they sung when working.

research it
"One Bad Day" by Bobaflex was influenced by a Batman comic book entitled "The Killing Joke". Also, their band name was influenced by Boba Fett. Their kind of like nerds, but nerds that play really good music
^Dude I just read The Killing Joke. Creepiest comic I've ever read, Alan Moore is a true genius.

If you want a story, pick up a concept album. I'd suggest Coheed's discography because that's what I've been digging lately.