Im being dead serious on this one Pit. I decided a long time ago i want a tattoo in memory of my uncle who passed away. He played guitar all his life and got me started on playing. I decided imma get a pic of his last guitar he had, and get that tattooed on me with his name as the fret inlays, and his name, RIP, and year he passed away on the body of it. [its an acoustic]
Im confused of where to put it at though. i was thinking the top of my arm, but then again, im kinda not muscular. [im 5'5 and a half and 119 pounds.] so i was thinking maybe my leg? idk, give me ideas guys. my 17th birthday is jan. 9th and ill be getting one then.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Penis.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
Penis.

and the little smartass remarks begin. im being serious guys.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Back. Anywhere else will be way too painful unless you get little more meat on ya'.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
why don't you just get a replica guitar with his name as fret inlays? it wouldn't cost much more than a good tattoo and it would be more useful.
if ur serious why did u come here? you should have known that come on !!
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
I admire your dedication towards your uncle, I'm sure he would have been a great man.

Left testicle.
Quote by lithiumftw
i am actually lolling right now!!! lmao!

After 1 and a half long years, someone laughed at one of my posts.

F*CK YEAH
Last edited by StratoSlayer at Dec 16, 2009,
Unwritten Rule #1: Never expect serious answers or advice from the Pit.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea

shamelessly lifted from Cracked
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Probably upper back or chest would be your best bet I'm guessing?

Edit: Also, I'm disappointed in my fellow UG'ers, although not at all surprised.
Last edited by whoomit at Dec 16, 2009,
id say on you arm

like in between your wrist and elbow (closer to the elbow) and on the inside of your arm (so like your arm is out straight and your wrist is facing up you can see it

my brother got a tatt in that spot and its perfect

its where im planning to get mine once im old enough (parental authority is against this despite it being in honor of my mom you died 3 years ago this friday)
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED
No one has told this fool yet about the body modification thread for this?

obviously people were too busy coming up with smart alec responses

I also will suggest penis
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Quote by iceman_8319

This has neither of my tattoo positions on it.
On your taint.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
You probably heard this and hate hearing it, but Im going to say just dont get it at all until you're older. sure its a memorial for your uncle but you're not even 17 yet, thats just bad news all over.
I'm not trying to be a dick but there are 2 other threads about tattoos going right now. I love talking about tattoos and I'll be glad to give ya my opinion. If you tell me how big you want the whole thing to be I'll be able to help out more.
Penis.

probably shoulder blade. my girlfriends older brother has a tattoo on his right shoulder blade for their dad that passed away a year ago or so. it's like a cross with a rope on one side and boots at the bottom. it's really sweet, that fits their dad perfectly from what i hear. i can see yours being about like that
...why?
Quote by A6stringrythm
id say on you arm

like in between your wrist and elbow (closer to the elbow) and on the inside of your arm (so like your arm is out straight and your wrist is facing up you can see it

sounds good to me
Quote by A6stringrythm
id say on you arm

its where im planning to get mine once im old enough (parental authority is against this despite it being in honor of my mom you died 3 years ago this friday)

Thats a good spot for a larger tattoo, but I would get it on the outside of the arm. That way when your arm is at your side its fully visible.
Quote by Thrill-house
Thats a good spot for a larger tattoo, but I would get it on the outside of the arm. That way when your arm is at your side its fully visible.

im might do that then.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by iceman_8319

Sooooo true.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by A6stringrythm
id say on you arm

This. So that when you play your guitar you can see it.
Quote by paintballcrazy7
im might do that then.

Thats where I put my last tattoo, it looks pretty good.
Quote by whoomit
Probably upper back or chest would be your best bet I'm guessing?

Edit: Also, I'm disappointed in my fellow UG'ers, although not at all surprised.

If you're not surprised, then how are you disappointed?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by paintballcrazy7
and the little smartass remarks begin. im being serious guys.

Well there is your first mistake.
Quote by Rockingbird
Back. Anywhere else will be way too painful unless you get little more meat on ya'.

Back is one of the most painful places you can get a tattoo...

TS, don't do it judging on how much it'll hurt. If you really want it, you can live with the pain for an hour if it'll last the rest of your life. I personally don't think it's a great design for any specific place, seeing as the shape of an acoustic won't follow the line of any specific body part better than another. I'd say go for somewhere on your arm, calf or back. If you were feeling really brave it would maybe work well as a rib piece, but don't get your first tattoo there, it'll hurt like an absolute cunt.

And yes, this should be in the body mod thread.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
Back is one of the most painful places you can get a tattoo...

TS, don't do it judging on how much it'll hurt. If you really want it, you can live with the pain for an hour if it'll last the rest of your life. I personally don't think it's a great design for any specific place, seeing as the shape of an acoustic won't follow the line of any specific body part better than another. I'd say go for somewhere on your arm, calf or back. If you were feeling really brave it would maybe work well as a rib piece, but don't get your first tattoo there, it'll hurt like an absolute cunt.

And yes, this should be in the body mod thread.

Oh. I've been lied to
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Quote by Rockingbird
Oh. I've been lied to

Think about it. the thinner the skin, the less fat covering the area, the closer to the bone, the more painful the tattoo will likely be.
Compared to you arms, stomach, legs etc, the skin on the back is fairly thin.
Well it turns out I'm a cute little princess with a real tattoo accessory. But that's yesterdays news.

If you were going to make the tattoo a decent size, you could maybe get it don down the side of your ribs, that might detract from the lettering on the frets though, depending on how you do it, and the ribs hurt.
...Bleep Bloop...
^^ As i was saying, it would probably look amazing on the ribs, providing the writing still worked of course, but it would be seriously painful for a first tat.

I reckon it should either go on the arm as a first tattoo, or be saved for later and done on the ribs (if TS plans on getting more than one tattoo of course).