And so as I was scouting around for a new guitar this Christmas, I saw a beautiful black 7 String Ibanez. I could make major Trivium music with that (as I practiced). But the disadvantage is that it does not have a Floyd Rose bridge. On the other hand, there's this another designed Ibanez at the same price, Floyd Rose but 6 string only. If I were to order a 7 string with Floyd Rose, it would cost me twice the price of a single 7 string or the 6 string Floyd Rose. What would you guys suggest?

Cheers.
Check out agile guitars at rondomusic.com for seven strings. They got a good selection.

As as for the ibby, idk. Look at craigslist ads and ebay. Maybe you'll find the one you want.

edit: I would go with the 7 string ibby hardtail (or string through).

Floyds are cool and all but if you want to change up your tunings quick, good look with that.
Last edited by FallenSaint at Dec 16, 2009,
i would get the fr but if you already have one and want a 7string go for it
I personally would go with the 7-string. A Floyd Rose come along with a set of headaches when it comes to detuning and stuff like that. Plus, you can always just save up for a whammy pedal.
Quote by pwrmax
I personally would go with the 7-string. A Floyd Rose come along with a set of headaches when it comes to detuning and stuff like that. Plus, you can always just save up for a whammy pedal.

What good is a whammy pedal for the ts?

TS decide whether or not you will genuinely need to use the FR or if it's just to **** around. If you are going to do the odd divebomb here and then then I'd say don't get one. The same would apply with a 7 string, if you really need to have one then buy it but if you don't need it and would rather the FR then go for that. It comes down to which one you would use more or which one you prefer more.
Quote by niejel
And so as I was scouting around for a new guitar this Christmas, I saw a beautiful black 7 String Ibanez. I could make major Trivium music with that (as I practiced). But the disadvantage is that it does not have a Floyd Rose bridge. On the other hand, there's this another designed Ibanez at the same price, Floyd Rose but 6 string only. If I were to order a 7 string with Floyd Rose, it would cost me twice the price of a single 7 string or the 6 string Floyd Rose. What would you guys suggest?

Cheers.
You can buy the recently-discontinued MIK Ibanez S7320 with the bullet-proof ZR trem or you can hunt down an older MIJ Ibanez RG7620 with the LoPro trem, one of the best, an opinion.

Quote by pwrmax

Whammy pedals and whammy bars should not have the same name...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by niejel
I has pitch shifter, but wouldn't it be better if you can do divebombs? it's one of my favorite band's signature, DragonForce.

It all really depends what you need more.