hey everyone...

i'm the lead singer in a pop punk band, and i was wanting to know of some effects i can use on my vocals to make our songs a little more progressive. most specifically i wanted to know how to make my voice sound like it's coming from a phonograph, but really anything punky would be great to know.

thanks for your help,

kylee
autotune... meladyne... and of course you could just add the effects to the vocal track before mixing it together.

What you're looking for is simply a lil distortion in your voice with maybe a lil reverb? Try editing the vocal track with those effects and then see what you think...
Quote by lceman13
The amount of ignorance in this thread is amazing.
If consequences dictate, it's only wrong when we get caught - Tool
if your just wanting it for recoding there are plugins that mimic phonograph sounds. live I'd just say get a phonograph if you don't already.
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.
for the phonograph effect, I would suggest a bandpass filter to cut the highs and the lows off, then add a bit of reverb, there's also a free plugin called iZotope Vinyl that mades to emulate various phonograph/gramophone sounds. Another effect to look into would be vocoding, which is extremely versatile, auto-tune is actually a vocoder with pitch recognition slapped on top of it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Man, people really push Reaper on this site, are you guys getting paid?
Sometimes I'm curious...
I mean, I'll do it to if I get paid.

Wait what?
Anyway.

I don't know what DAW you're using but, alittle distortion (A tad man, you don't want to sound like a guitar--or maybe you do) + Reverb + ALOT of mids winding down on the highs and very little low via multi-band compression, 7 band EQ, whatever you like. Lot's of compressors and EQ's come with presets like "radio" or "Telephone" that might be good starting points.