I wrote this song called stratattack (untill i can come up with a better name) today and i was hoping to get some feedback on it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=971425

some areas you should focus on:

- the effects on the intro/outro
- suggestions as to expanding the song and adding more parts
- the overall musicality of the song
- any part that you think sounds bad

i know it only plays out of the right speaker. i've tried fixing it and i just can't figure out how to record in stereo with guitar rig 3.

i will C4C if you want me to. the better your critique is, the better mine will be.
Last edited by madshatter at Dec 17, 2009,
It sounds good, its structured alright, it sounds more like a jam over a repeated rythem riff. Mabey add an intro, and build a classic song structure, like intro, verse, chours, etc. The playing is pertty damn awesome. You lead clips a little bit though.

I dont know about guitar rig 3, but usually when you record it records in mono, stero just means that each track is played on each side at the same recorded volume. So I bet the problem is with what you have selected in your options, or how your exproting the track, cause beleive it or not you can export an entire track in mono on just one channel.

Thanks for the cirt.
Quote by madshatter
I wrote this song called stratattack (untill i can come up with a better name) today and i was hoping to get some feedback on it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=971425

some areas you should focus on:

- the effects on the intro/outro
- suggestions as to expanding the song and adding more parts
- the overall musicality of the song
- any part that you think sounds bad

i know it only plays out of the right speaker. i've tried fixing it and i just can't figure out how to record in stereo with guitar rig 3.

i will C4C if you want me to. the better your critique is, the better mine will be.

sounded pretty hendrix like, whom i love. i thought it would sound better if you have a full band. also, it sounds like you are playing that "hendrix chord". imo, it doesnt suit the progression. try a minor 7 chord instead. i think it would fit better. thats just me though.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
sounded pretty hendrix like, whom i love. i thought it would sound better if you have a full band. also, it sounds like you are playing that "hendrix chord". imo, it doesnt suit the progression. try a minor 7 chord instead. i think it would fit better. thats just me though.

yes it is a hendrix chord (e7#9 chord). i'll experiment around with that chord and the lick in general. i also think my next draft will include more parts and a distinct melody.
The intro is nice, it sounds "dark/doomy" with the delay on there. The only suggestion I have to make it longer is to expand the section at 0:30 and have it repeat a few more times, it's a pretty catchy riff, before it goes into the lead section.

I love your lead playing, the only lick that sounds weird is when you trill and dip the whammy bar at 1:30ish. It sounded better the first time at 0:50. And I like the tone you used for the lead, the only thing I can say it sounds like is Buckethead's "Sail on Soothsayer's" lighter tones at the beginning of the song. It's a clean tone, but it's got a nice bite to it.

Add some bass & drums and this will turn into a nice song. Keep working with your recording program so everything isn't on the L channel, haha. It might be my computer, but your recording sounds like it has some clipping. Trying recording at a lower volume and adjust accordingly later.
It definitely reminds me of Hendrix. Very solid sounding, the delay effect used in intro and outro sounds very psychadellicaly. I would welcome if you expanded the song to 3-4 minute length, maybe a small breakdown or key change in the middle or something? Just an idea... Overally, I liked it, you got a potential, keep it up .

BTW, what interface do you use for recording guitar to PC?

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1246352
I really like this. It's a nice instrumental and I dig the guitar work done. It would be sweet with a band playing this instead of just guitar because it sounds like you could go places with this. Overall a very solid production.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band