I was thinking of buying a couple of guitar pedals over the Christmas break, and I'm not even sure of what types of effects to get. I'm looking into a sort of crunchy blues tone (notably Hendrix), and a Pink Floyd-esque tone even although I am well aware how difficult achieving a Gilmour tone is, I'm looking for something similar. These are my choices so far:

Boss OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion
Boss DD7 Digital Delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi

My budget is around $250. I don't even know if I can afford all of these, but I'm having trouble with choosing between pedals if I can't afford them all. Any new suggestions to other pedals is more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by Ghold125
What's your current gear?

My only distortion pedal is a DM4 Distortion Modeler by Line 6. It sounds kinda crappy, and I'm running it through a Traynor T20/GC and Epiphone SG. I only have stock pickups, but I don't really intend on getting a tube amp anytime soon.

EDIT: Should I wait until holiday specials and discounts kick in? I'm guessing yes, but they might not even have enough in stock for what I want :/

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Last edited by Pauldapro at Dec 16, 2009,
If your looking for good budget pedals, try artec(only available on ebay though) the danelectro cool cat series, GFS electronic again only available online. I find the boss pedals to be lacking for the price of them.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
If your looking for good budget pedals, try artec(only available on ebay though) the danelectro cool cat series, GFS electronic again only available online. I find the boss pedals to be lacking for the price of them.

Unfortunately, I can only buy them at the store, mostly because I want to test everything I buy. But thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into the dan electro.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha