Yes. My friend who lacks a UG account has asked me to make a thread for tips, help, and advice on rewiring his Bugera cabinet from a stereo cabinet to a cabinet with individual inputs that allow for him to run both his Fender and Marshall head from an AB switch.

How would he do this? There's impedance issues and that as well, if we're not mistaken.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Well it runs in stereo, I think it's 16 mono and 8 stereo.

The Marshall can run in 4, 8, and 16 but we have no idea about the Fender.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

well, as long as the fender has an 8 ohm tap, you don't even have to worry about re-wiring..

as long as the cab's in stereo mode, one amp gets plugged into the left input, and the other gets plugged into the right input.
That's what I will be doing with my new 212 I am building, it will have 3 inputs, one for normal (both speakers) and a left and right for my 6505 and Fender. Instead of an A/B I am looking at a pan pedal.
The fender is most likely 4 ohm. We need to know the ohmage of the speakers though, not the overall cab.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
if you have 4 speakers all together then they're most likely 16ohm, and together they would be 4 ohms.

16 + 16 + 16 + 16 = 4

so if you want to make two 2x12's, you would have two 8ohm pairs,

16 + 16 = 8

16 + 16 = 8

(8 + 8 = 4, ie: 16 + 16 + 16 + 16 = 4)

as long as the marshall and fender are both 8ohm, you should be all set, just wire red to red and black to black to each for parallel.
Quote by Steve46
thanks alot ice condition!! your the breast!

The best bosom in all of UG.
if the speakers in the 4x12 cab are ran in series/Parrallel then 4x16ohm speakers would = a 16ohm load. 4x8ohm speakers would = a 8ohm load

the bugera cabs have 4x8 ohm speakers giving the cab a load of 16ohm in mono operation

in stereo mode on the cab you have a left and right input giving 2 8ohm loads for the 2 heads you wanna run through.

so if the fender head only has a 4 ohm load on it..then i would not recomend running it through the cab

if you are still going to make 2 2x12 cabs out of it to run that 4 ohm head(if its 4ohms), you would need to wire 2 of the 8ohm speakers in "parallel giving you a load of 4 ohms
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA