Hey folks, I got a new song up. This time I'm trying a little experiment, mixing the softness of Post Metal and the brutal riffs of Death Metal. Well, it probably isn't but that's what one of my friends said about it. You might want to turn the vol. down quite a bit, it will get loud as shit, hence the title lol. c4c of course. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by v2a2n2g2 at Dec 19, 2009,
thanks for checking mine out, i wish i could, i gotta restring a bass and get a mic for a drum.

it has quite a jazzy style to it, then those ****in riffs came up and surprised the s hitf uck out of me hahaha. i like it dude, nice. great job shreddin it too man, not my usual type of music, but it was definitely good. of frost reminded me a bit of... cynic type riffs kinda
i like it but it takes a while to kick up..almost too long, i feel like it gets to repetitive because you take a long time before adding layers to it. i really wasn't expecting death metal after 3 minutes haha. trem picking is good but also gets a bit old, drums sound pretty poor haha but the songwriting is pretty good just maybe more variety and changes is my take
Quote by nine01n
i like it but it takes a while to kick up..almost too long, i feel like it gets to repetitive because you take a long time before adding layers to it. i really wasn't expecting death metal after 3 minutes haha. trem picking is good but also gets a bit old, drums sound pretty poor haha but the songwriting is pretty good just maybe more variety and changes is my take

some of what this guy said.

The layers were good, but they seemed to overstay sometimes and were sometimes a smidge off time or the delays were...they all worked together well though, and I liked the jazz feel.

The 32nd note kicks bothered me a bit, but that whole death part in the last 3rd was awesome. Loved everything about that but the ric0ckulous kicks.

idk/10, there were some issues and the structure is nowhere near normal but still cool...and those kicks, lol
(but really its like an 8)

thnx for that crit.
Love the intro riff, has a very bouncy feel. The lead is pretty decent. Needs a bit of work in some places, but overall effective. I like when the drums kick in, the guitar lines are smooth and enjoyable. Relaxing is the word that comes to mind. The switch over at 3:45 isn't a very smooth transition, but it could go with the title, which makes it more of a concept deal I would assume. The smooth switch into the heavy part was great. The 32nd note kick sounds bad, like really bad. It actually takes away a lot from the idea, in my opinion. I like your lead playing, note selection is pleasing. I'd have to say with better sounding drums and getting rid of the 32nd note kickers this has potential to be 9.5/10, but where it stands now I would say 7.5/10 the drums make it hard to listen to. Your clean tone is great and for the most part the transitions are smooth and appealing. Good work man. Keep it up.
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition
The clean part is pretty good. the lead needs a lot of work though. The scales you're using doesn't always fit. Make it more exciting! The intro would have been really cool with violins playing pizzicato. :-)

Snare drum is WAY too loud... Riffs are decent, not memorable in any way though. Has a viking/black metal feel to it, which is cool!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal