so i put my 1st whammy on my peavey raptor bout 2 days ago and i was messin around wit sum tapping and i hit the whammy bar wit my arm and it sounded so sweet!!! so i put the bar about midway between my wrist and elbow and i would simotaneously tap and move the whammy bar up and down and it sounds so good so i was wondering if u guys hav ever tried this? or ever seen any body do this? and if u havent tried it u gotta try it. it kiks so much ass
Groundbreaking development my friend. You are quite the pioneer.

But joking aside, it does sound pretty kick ass.
The guitar is something you can take on the beach, put on the plane, take it to the bedroom…and if you have a fight with your wife, it’s the first thing you reach for. It’s a psychiatrist, a maid, a prostitute, it’s everything. - Les Paul
Yes, I have done that.

And because you're grammar is bothering me, it's 'I', 'with', 'about', 'messing', 'some', 'simultaneously', 'you', 'have', and 'kicks'.

Sorry, I had to do it.

But about the whammy thing, I've done it with my hand, but never thought to put it under my arm.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Yes, I have done that.

And because you're grammar is bothering me, it's 'I', 'with', 'about', 'messing', 'some', 'simultaneously', 'you', 'have', and 'kicks'.

Sorry, I had to do it.

But about the whammy thing, I've done it with my hand, but never thought to put it under my arm.

Why feel the need to correct his grammer? Anyway he does say 'about'..."I put the bar about midway..."

Either way I've never tried this either, but I usually use my fingers for the bar- they usually hover over that area anyway.

Btw yes, it does sound awesome!
Cool! I just tried it, sounds good. I was just pushing it slowly down with my arm. Not too much left to invent on guitar, that's a new one to me!
Was doing it a week ago..

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
You can tap with your hand on the whammy too, or one hand tap, or use an effect to do the whammying for you.

Isn't anything new.
Too bad Randy Rhoads beat you to it on the song 'I Don't Know' more than 25 years ago. Im sure it's been done before then though. The latest technique i've seen is the "Harmonic Tap Bend". Now thats a hard trick to get down.
Quote by dmtransmutation
What the Grunge-haters think is just mindless musical nonsense, in reality is the restoration of the old rule of harmony to not write an entire song in one tonality/key
Quote by chainsawguitar
Why feel the need to correct his grammer? Anyway he does say 'about'..."I put the bar about midway..."

Either way I've never tried this either, but I usually use my fingers for the bar- they usually hover over that area anyway.

Btw yes, it does sound awesome!

He also says 'bout two days ago' in the first or second sentence......

Still, it does sound pretty cool, now try doing it with all tapped harmonics
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
This is nothing new..but definitely innovative. You are indeed finding your own way as a guitarist.

Congratulations on your efforts. Keep rockin out.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett