Or some would say its paying tribute to Funkadelic
Listen to Rage Against The Machines song Bombtrack, then listen to the Funkadelic song Alice In My Fantasies, and tell me Rage didnt steal that riff.
Who cares?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Aight so if Zeppelin does it, it ruffles errbodys feathers, when people hear about hip-hop doing this (even though its completely different context) people flip, but when RATM does it no one gives a sh!t.
khalil1220: Bombtrack is totally a rip-off of Funkadelic!!
Wulphy: Hey! yeah you're right!
Onlooker: Hm, yeah I can see it.
Fartfitnoogen: Okay... I guess that settles that.
Gustav: Yep...
Fartfitnoogen: ...
Gustav: ...Your name is Fartfitnoogen.
Fartfitnoogen: And your name is Gustav.
Quote by blackthought
Who gives a shit?

you do, cause you obviously cared enough to open the thread and post in it, shitball.
If history has taught us anything it's that it's alright to steal from black people. George Clinton is not exempt.

I mean, honestly, it's leveling the playing field; all those hubcaps and car radio's add up.
Quote by RU Experienced?
If history has taught us anything it's that it's alright to steal from black people. George Clinton is not exempt.

I mean, honestly, it's leveling the playing field; all those hubcaps and car radio's add up.

Haha, we're making fun of black people now!
Quote by captaincrunk
You are a slave who is looking for a master, and I hope he beats you.

Quote by rmr024
Toaster ovens are fucking amazing, I don't really see where you were going with that...
Quote by RU Experienced?

I agree, however it should be noted, that its not alright for black people to steal, just white people, i mean come on this is AMERICA.
the Miles Davis song Mademoiselle Mabry actually rips off Jimi Hendrix the Wind Cries Mary, but Miles has admitted Hendrix was an influence, and even wanted him in his band, but Hendrix died
its a little similar, but not enough to be considered a rip-off.

I Animals!!! They're Delicious!!!

...I'm oNly a litTlE CRAzY, BUT A LITtlE GoeS a LOnG WaY...

¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? Lárgate cabrón.

Quote by khalil1220
Or some would say its paying tribute to Funkadelic
Listen to Rage Against The Machines song Bombtrack, then listen to the Funkadelic song Alice In My Fantasies, and tell me Rage didnt steal that riff.

Rage didn't steal that riff.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Idiot_Son
its a little similar, but not enough to be considered a rip-off.

Consider this, Tom Morello has covered "Alice In My Fantasies" later on in his career, so I think he's pretty much admitted it
well lets do something about it! let's make a facebook group called "if we get a 100000000000000000000000 members Tom Morello will admit he stole a riff (not like anyone else does it either)"

i mean that's the only reasonable way to solve this...
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Quote by blackthought
Aww, someone's offended.

Actually to be honest i can care less what you think, its just that your a moron and i decided to put you in your place.

And the point of this thread wasnt for me to bash TM, it was more so to share an interesting fact, and to educate, but people just always gotta make things personal
Quote by khalil1220
Actually to be honest i can care less what you think, its just that your a moron and i decided to put you in your place.

And the point of this thread wasnt for me to bash TM, it was more so to share an interesting fact, and to educate, but people just always gotta make things personal

So what you're saying is that you do care to some degree what he thinks?
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by WastedxYears
Jimi Hendrix stole "all along the watchtower"

I swear guys! look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j9kc9ys6eM&feature=related

I hope you're being sarcastic. just in case I'll just fill ya in. Jimi COVERED the song. hell, I think even bob dylan said it was better than his version. And tons of other people have covered his music, like GNR and eric clapton covered knockin on heaven's door, the byrds covered mr. tambourine man, RATM covered maggie's farm, etc. Covering a song is entirely different from stealing a song.

anyways, yea the riffs in bombtrack and alice in my fantasies are very similar, but I don't think it really matters. tons of riffs sound similar.
Quote by khalil1220

(Invalid img)
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by RU Experienced?

lulz:they were had
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Jimi Hendrix stole "all along the watchtower"

it was an honest cover. bob dylan actually prefered/s to play hendrix's version live after hendrix released it

the same can be said about rage i suppose, a tribute of sorts

is it just me or is there are large ammount of 'black' jokes floating around the pit?
Quote by khalil1220

So you could care less, I'm the moron while you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're", and I've been "put in my place", even?

Oh noes, two riffs sound similar
Quote by beau05

is it just me or is there are large ammount of 'black' jokes floating around the pit?

They're increasing, too. Something must be DONE!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by khalil1220
I agree, however it should be noted, that its not alright for black people to steal, just white people, i mean come on this is AMERICA.

Well, Tom Morello is black. So I guess this is ok then?

I really don't hear that strong of a resemblance.
Quote by khalil1220
Consider this, Tom Morello has covered "Alice In My Fantasies" later on in his career, so I think he's pretty much admitted it

that just shows that Funkadelic was an influence on him. Why would he cover a song that he had ripped off? All that would do is make it obvious he had stolen it. What Coldplay did with Satch was a rip-off. At worst, this is a tribute.

I Animals!!! They're Delicious!!!

...I'm oNly a litTlE CRAzY, BUT A LITtlE GoeS a LOnG WaY...

¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? Lárgate cabrón.

I don't really hear it...
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
The intro to bombtrack is the same as 25 years by Pantera and the main riff sounds the same as The Art of Shredding too