I just uploaded it to UG. It's on my profile, tell me what you think. And please, actually listen all the way through. Unless it causes your ear canal severe pain. In which case, you should probably seek medical attention.

What I can personally say about the song...

1. The title is random. No story behind it.

2. The bass sounds cool, to me at least.

3. It was recorded on an HP that was built to run on Windows ME. What that meant for me, was that my DAW would crash every time I tried to add more depth to the song. Recording "River Raft" really put that fossil to the test. All in all, I planned to make it a lot more than what it is, but I couldn't.

4. You can hear the potential, right?
Hey man.
It's pretty cool!
But it also feels like it's missing something. I'd really like to hear it with that added "depth" you talked about.

To answer your last question, yes I definitely see the potential.
kinda liked it, a little repetitive and the gated synth was throwing the whole thing out towards the end.
was kinda waiting for it to "drop" properly.
but yeah, potential, just keep playing around with your software.

have a listen to the track "evolved" on my pro, you might have to go into 'view all mp3's'
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
1. yes, it is.

2. bass is very nice, especially with that detuned, eerie sound.

3. understandable. the main point of improvement i would say is that it could have more movements. the entire song was basically just moving bass with delayed melodies on top. don't get me wrong, it sounded cool, but it was just kinda lacking and it didn't engage me as a listener. it lost my attention.

4. yes, there's definately potential there. i think your music just may need a bit more planning, a bit more feeling. it can be hard to convey emotion with synths but it's definately not near impossible.

also, on an unrelated note, i really enjoyed your blog about video games. i don't have any recordings, but if you have Guitar Pro, feel free to crit one in my sig.
Quote by boxcarguy07
Hey man.
It's pretty cool!
But it also feels like it's missing something. I'd really like to hear it with that added "depth" you talked about.

To answer your last question, yes I definitely see the potential.

This is actually the second revision of the song. I still have the source files, so I can work on it at anytime. My problem now, which I'm working very hard on, is upgrading my computer. With that out of the way, I'll (finally) be able to record music without crashing my old beater of a computer.

Thanks for the criticism though. Positive, negative, it's all good in my book.
Quote by gnomieowns

also, on an unrelated note, i really enjoyed your blog about video games. i don't have any recordings, but if you have Guitar Pro, feel free to crit one in my sig.

Holy crap, someone read that?!?!? I wrote that ages ago! Actually, I kind of forgot it was there. Well lucky you, that's the last surviving blog entry on the internet. I deleted the same one from my myspace and other profiles. No reason really, I just got tired of looking at it.

Thanks for the criticism as well.
Great song!! I'd definitely collaborate with you, but unfortunately you live ALL the way in California lol. I like the all the ideas in this little piece. Although, it's really repetitive, it doesn't really change and evolve in any way, it's still good it's just that it's one riff going out throughout the entire song. Good work man. You should also invest in a new PC, I mean seriously, Windows ME? lol. Cheers!

O yea can you check out some of my stuff?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1246520
Pretty smooth in mellow, the bass fits perfect with the song. The lead melody is good to, it gets repeditive as hell though, you did change the sounds around it a little bit, but it feels more like ambient music, I like higher tempo stuff. It sounds alright, there is potential, I just don't care for ambient like stuff.

Here's mine if you want:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1246616