hi all I will soon be buying a new guitar. The one I have been looking at is the ESP LTD EC-1000QM, but before I purchase I just wanted to get some thoughts about it. I play a lot of August Burns Red and Trivium kind of songs. I heard the pick ups are great for metal. What do you guys think?

Factory Specs.

# Set-Neck
# 24.75” Scale
# Mahogany Body
# Quilted Maple Top
# Mahogany Neck
# Rosewood Fingerboard
# 42mm Earvana Compensated Nut
# Thin U Neck Contour
# 24 XJ Frets
# Black Nickel Hardware
# ESP Locking Tuners
# Tonepros Locking TOM & Tail
# EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) Active p.u.
welcome to ug.

the ec1000 guitars get a lot of love.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
EMG 81/60's are nice. High output strong pickups. You'll get a good solid signal through with those. That combo's around $200 for the pickups alone, whereas getting a used set of Ibanez Infinity humbuckers (stock in most of their mid-grade guitars) will run less than half of that. I could swing a pair of INF4/INF1's for $80.

so if the pickups are your concern, nothing to worry about, great choice.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by ShallowEndings
What gregs1020 said is probably enough

A great guitar indeed. Feels good and plays good. Can't really go wrong with it.

Same can be said about any LTD from the 400 level on up. Great guitars, you'll be happy with yours.
I have that exact guitar. The qm is the black cherry one right?
Its sweet. I love the thin neck and its great to play. Sounds awesome distorted and is great for heavy stuff. only critisism i would have of them is that the cleans are not the greatest but i would assume if you are buying a guitar with emg's you probably dont play much nice clean music so it shouldnt be much of an issue.
Hi I recently just bought what seems to be an ESP LTD 1000qm but I got it really cheap and can't help but think that something's wrong. It doesn't have the flag like frets or the outer trim most have and I'm thinking I might have gotten some sort of knockoff. It's a red cherry burst and looks and sounds great but I can't seem to find one that has these specs anywhere. The pickups are ESP as well as the tuning heads. Not too familiar with these so I can't be sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I will say if you buy it new you're paying too much (in most cases). You could probably find that guitar for about $500-$650 pretty easily. That being said, it's a solid guitar, built well, and comes with great hardware. Definitely worth the used price.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
necrobump.....
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.