Hey guys,

I have recently learned that I can get most Madison amp gear for 55% off what the MSRP is, which is awesome, except I have no money! Basically Im asking if anyone has owned any of these amps, especially the Divinity II or III, or if anyone has any experience with their cabs, or the Celestion 7080 speakers they use in the model Im looking at getting. Are they worth the money? Im in a metal band, but I love versatility as well, so decent cleans are a plus, as well as a decent crunch setting as well as a very high gain setting. Thanks!
They're supposedly terribly unreliable, with some amps having certain components held down with duct tape as opposed to being soldered to the board.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
They're supposedly terribly unreliable, with some amps having certain components held down with duct tape as opposed to being soldered to the board.

I have heard this also. Hence they reason why they can be had so cheap.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by Raijouta

Is that an exaggeration?

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Quote by Raijouta

Not to mention that the Divinity I sounded like total poo. Dunno about the II or III but I would avoid Madison if I were you.
Quote by pokeatthedevil
Is that an exaggeration?

No. They really do use (or did use, maybe they've cleaned up their act?) very poor build techniques and methods.
Hmm... I just read up on that. Apparently some guy found some duct tape in his amp holding a connection together. I have also heard that this was an earlier model from a few years ago, and the newer amps are better... Anyway, Id like to hear from anyone that has actually played or owned one, about if its worth the price tag? Also, Id like to know about their cab quality.
I owned a Divinity III when they first came out.. I really liked it.. Maybe I'm special or something, but everything inside of mine was well built and soldered together nicely.
The only thing really though is when I carried it, it didn't feel nearly as heavy as my Mesa Dual Rec.
The clean channel sounded really nice as well. The lead channel is really smooth.
Another bad thing is a HUGE noise problem, but it was caused by the glowing cross on the faceplate. I fixed the hissing by disconnecting it and it the noise ceased.

As for the cabs, I've never played one, but I have a friend in another band who uses one.. They don't sound terrible, but they are incredibly small..
This could be an exaggeration on my part because I use Vaders which are huge in comparison to normal cabinets..
I helped him load in once, and I picked it up and felt like I was carrying one of those tiny Marshall MG cabs..

My advice would to be to call them and talk to them about the rumors and what not and see if they can't guarentee that yours will be one that's built well..
Quote by thetoastinator
Hmm... I just read up on that. Apparently some guy found some duct tape in his amp holding a connection together. I have also heard that this was an earlier model from a few years ago, and the newer amps are better... Anyway, Id like to hear from anyone that has actually played or owned one, about if its worth the price tag? Also, Id like to know about their cab quality.

Sorry to tell you this, but this thread has been done before and you're not going to get any replies. Madison isn't a very popular company (partly based on their poor building techniques and partly based on the fact that they're a small company) and not many people have tried their amps.
Apparently the Divinity is a cheap Marshall TSL knockoff

Funny story, a guy offered one to me once as a trade. When I refused he said something along the lines of "Yeah I understand, they're pretty crappy"
They had one at my local music store, full stack 1500.00. Seems kinda cheap. I didn't play it so I don't know what it sounds like.
Jackson DXMG
Charvel
B-52 AT100
Marshall 1960A
Pedals and stuff
Quote by Business
Apparently the Divinity is a cheap Marshall TSL knockoff

Funny story, a guy offered one to me once as a trade. When I refused he said something along the lines of "Yeah I understand, they're pretty crappy"

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.