Hey guys, i was wondering if it would be okay if i drop tune my floyd rose guitar from standard to drop D using the fine tuners on the bridge. Would it mess up the action on my guitar if I did this alot? It's set up for standard E at the moment.
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Roland Cube 30x
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
LTD Ec-1000
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
you wont get it using the fine tuners, you should retune the whole thing.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
i can get it with the fine tuners, only if when the fine tuners are as low as they can go, you have an E.
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
if its set up for standard E, would tuning it to drop D mess up the action if I do it alot?
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Roland Cube 30x
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
LTD Ec-1000
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by SPBY
you wont get it using the fine tuners, you should retune the whole thing.

I disagree it is fairly easy to do so. The only problem is, is that the other strings get a little bit out of tune. Luckily its manageable, just a quick once over and its back to normal.
Quote by dNWaKE
if its set up for standard E, would tuning it to drop D mess up the action if I do it alot?

It would mess up the whole tuning, because one string's tension would be out. You'd NEVER be able to get it in A=440 by doing it that way.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
I had a locking trem and was able to switch between drop D and standard with ease. it was any other drop tuning that was a pain in the ass.
Quote by ChucklesMginty

2 problems I can remember. The bridge needs to be a dive only, and they only work on OFR's I believe.