i just got the Boss ME-70 and it has a harmonizer effect built into it, i was wondering if anyone knew a good KEy to set the harmonize to to sound like 2 guitars playing the same part... i.e. Unholy Confessions - Avenge Sevenfold

any help is appreciated
That makes no sense man. The two lines have to be in the same key or it wouldn't be harmonizing. It would be but there'd be a good chance you'd hit a bad note. Do you mean intervals?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I think he wants harmonization. If he wanted multiple guitars then chorus would work too.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by C-Wiz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB5kzzuipqY

around 2:26ish

i'll try the chorus and reverb, but will it give me something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-QaFWURsMU
around 0:12

it actually kind of sounds like a different key but the tabs are the same for both parts, and clue??

your lost man, learn some theory before you try to harmonize.
Unholy Confessions is in d minor (Fmajor), the lead guitar is a 3rd up. The thing about playing that song with a harmonizer is the palm muting isnt harmonized, so it is gonna sound a little wierd. Maybe if you have a fast enuf foot, you can switch it off and on really quick for the palm muting. Just think of it like a wah wah
Quote by Minion2580
Unholy Confessions is in d minor (Fmajor), the lead guitar is a 3rd up. The thing about playing that song with a harmonizer is the palm muting isnt harmonized, so it is gonna sound a little wierd. Maybe if you have a fast enuf foot, you can switch it off and on really quick for the palm muting. Just think of it like a wah wah

yhank youuu, i will try that :]
I think he means "what intervals should I set it at".

Try 5ths.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Take a look at this:

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar-harmonizing/

Spend 5 minutes reading this and then do the exercises, you'll add a whole bunch of cool harmony techniques to your toolbox.

when I harmonize I like to use perfect fifths, which means guitar #2 plays 7 frets higher than guitar one. To achieve this with a pedal, set the interval to "fifth." If you learn what that means it'll do way more for you in the long run, and it's painless I promise! The link above offers an explanation that is very clear.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
Last edited by AndyR83 at Dec 17, 2009,
i would keep it easy and put it to C that being C major. fairly simple easiest/most useful key. but if you wanna try something else... im not sure how many scales/how much theory you know but look at all guitar chords .com and yeah... as for the pedal the harmonizer effect is good but not great 2 real guitars sound much better imo just use the phase loop instead if you know how to harmonize in 3rds!
Quote by C-Wiz
i just got the Boss ME-70 and it has a harmonizer effect built into it, i was wondering if anyone knew a good KEy to set the harmonize to to sound like 2 guitars playing the same part... i.e. Unholy Confessions - Avenge Sevenfold

any help is appreciated

Rose of Sharyn ?
My Gear:

B.C. Rich Warlock Bronze Series
Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II