Hey guys n gals ive got an 80watt peavey bandit 112 transtube and i was wondering is i could cab it up and if so whats my max output?
Yup, make sure the impedance matches and get a speaker cable.

I'd say your output is roughly 80 watts...
I play mainly metal but i enjoy playing me some blues occational bit of funk lol
I have a peavey bandit 112 the one with the red stripe I played it at a concert, from what I know if you put like a lower impedance cab you will get 100 w out of it, something like the amp's speaker is 16 ohm and the cab is 8 ohm, I don't know for sure if these are the figures ..
The specs are saying something about '100watt rms with aditional 8ohms speaker' can any body translate this into laymans terms?
Quote by stekwondo
The specs are saying something about '100watt rms with aditional 8ohms speaker' can any body translate this into laymans terms?

That's what he was saying, if you cut the impedance in half, by adding another 8 ohm speaker in parallel (2x8 ohm in parallel = 4 ohms), it will "produce" more wattage, because there is less resistance for the power amp, allowing it run more power.

You probably won't hear much more because of that, you'll hear more because you've got another speaker, PLUS a little more power.

It doesn't have to be a single 8 ohm speaker, it could be any 8 ohm cabinet.

DISCLAIMER: that's just a layman's terms explanation, this is NOT something that applies to just any amp!!!

btw, my humble recommendation is to NOT blow money on a cab, but try putting that cash (and maybe any more you can scrape up) into a better amp. Not knocking yours, just sayin'.