Page 1 of 2
Quote by ShallowEndings
Damn dial up, it'll take me forever to load.

Whats good about it?

It's exactly the same as the red and black models, but white...
It's basically an MTM1, but it's white

And it kicks ass.

EDIT: What's the deal with the bridge anyway? A fixed Edge? What does that accomplish?
Last edited by potatohead_33 at Dec 17, 2009,
Quote by potatohead_33
What's the deal with the bridge anyway? A fixed Edge? What does that accomplish?
I've been wondering that for ages now.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Too bad it'll be $1500 like the red one. Other than the actives though, it's my dream guitar on paper. Only other option is Carvin really.
RG2EX1. Swap out the pickups with whatever he uses, buy a warmoth made Wizard neck with a locking nut, and bam. You've got an easier-to-string whatever-that-is.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
RG2EX1. Swap out the pickups with whatever he uses, buy a warmoth made Wizard neck with a locking nut, and bam. You've got an easier-to-string whatever-that-is.

I already have an RGR421, next guitar however will be neck thru just for something different. I do like my 421 though, I guess this wouldn't be much of a change.

I don't care though, I love it, and reverse Ibanez headstocks own me. Big time. If they were as common used as say, an RG550, I'd have 10 of them
Quote by potatohead_33
I already have an RGR421, next guitar however will be neck thru just for something different. I do like my 421 though, I guess this wouldn't be much of a change.

I don't care though, I love it, and reverse Ibanez headstocks own me. Big time. If they were as common used as say, an RG550, I'd have 10 of them

If X-mas goes as I have planned, I'm officially transforming into a ***** this year. Scratch that, a bimbo. A tramp. A skank. A slut. UG can't censor all of them. >_>

Asked the parents for a KH-202. I've got enough guitars already, time to throw a signature into the mix.

I don't even like kirk hammet. It's just a decent axe for the price, and sounded good through a JSX I'll never be able to afford.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Last edited by Ishiga at Dec 17, 2009,
lol

I know UG hates sigs, but as I said, this is the only thing I can find that is 90% of what I want, other than Carvin. My 421 is red so I don't want the red MTM1. Do want white.

I like the KH's as well, but black is just too boring for me, and they're all trems.
Last edited by potatohead_33 at Dec 17, 2009,
Quote by potatohead_33
http://www.metalmartyr.com/slipknot-footage-from-jimmy-kimmel-live/

Seriously. Thomson's white RG, but it needs offset dot inlays or something rather than the Seven in there.

fixed.

ive been after the same thing as you for a while now. the closest guitar ive found would be an mtm2 but refinished white.

why doesnt ibanez have more friggin colour options.

Nath
Last edited by 2841981 at Dec 17, 2009,
they only make what mick wants hence a sig...
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
I think the moral of the story is we don't want more boring black and red solid finish RG's which they seem to produce in mass.
Quote by potatohead_33
EDIT: What's the deal with the bridge anyway? A fixed Edge? What does that accomplish?

Quote by ch0
I've been wondering that for ages now.

It's really easy. The setup gives you the most stable tuning you can get. You can carry a double-locked fixed bridge guitar by the strings all day, and it'll still stay in tune. Makes standard fixed bridge setups seem laughably inadequate - they slip at the tuner, or at the bridge, and have a friction point at the nut. Fixed double locking bridge has none of that.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by nickdohle
I am more excited for Jim Roots strat.

But a white RG would be nice

Strat? He's always played a tele.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
Strat? He's always played a tele.

The last couple tour's hes been using a beautiful strat. Its same color schemes as his Telecaster. Same pickups, just a strat body. Here Is a picture
SHIT ON A STICK!!!

that is what i want. any idea onn a release?

potatohead_33 you have made my day.

smart move ibanez, this is gonna sell well
Don't know, I would imagine in the spring.

Thing is, this basically identical to what I have already. Reverse headstock RG, V7/V8 combo, mahogany. This doesn't have a volume knob, or inlays, and I'll change the tuning... And it's $150 more than my RGR421 virtually for the same damn thing... But I don't care, it's so damn good looking and I know what to expect with it.
Last edited by potatohead_33 at Dec 31, 2009,
With his signature blackouts too!
YES!!!!

Oh wait those are the stock Ibanez V7 V8...

hmmm...
That's gunna be the cheaper model.
Good job Ibanez.
Last edited by JosephVincent at Dec 31, 2009,
Quote by JosephVincent
YES!!!!

hmmm...
Good job Ibanez.

The MTM1 has the sig Blackouts, but it looks the same as before.
im a bigger fan of that stratocaster jim roots playing
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Heh, surprised to not see another thread of people bashing Slipknot.

as for topic, an RG is with EMGs is like my anti-guitar.

Why would they be bashing slipknot, slipknot is awsome.
Quote by Darkdevil725
Why would they be bashing slipknot, slipknot is awsome.

because stupid people like to talk shit about what they dont like
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by JosephVincent
YES!!!!

hmmm...
Good job Ibanez.

nah, apparently it'll have seymour Duncan HB-106MT pickups now.

still buzzin, i want that guitar so bad

Nath
Wow! I would already own a MTM sig even with the active p'ups if they would just do something about the ridiculous inlays....same with the K7s and ESP SC607s. I searched for 8 months just to find the "plain" 97 UV7 with no vines, pyramids or binding so I suppose you may call me a "dot snob".
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Quote by 2841981
nah, apparently it'll have seymour Duncan HB-106MT pickups now.

still buzzin, i want that guitar so bad

Nath

Are those passives as well?

Damn I hope the MTM2 has passives, although I am sure it will.Would be nice if it was something other than V7/V8 because that is what my current guitar has.
yeah there passive's, from what i understand they are like a budget version of the JB & 59 combo so they should be a bit more aggressive than the V7/V8 combo

Nath
Quote by Punk_Ninja
There's a possibility that it'll be in the 2010 lineup along with one simiar for the guy from Shadows Fall.

I just watched a video on youtube from premierguitar.com and the shadow's fall guitarist was showing off his new ESP sig model. It looks like a RG with a reverse headstock but a little different because it is well.....an ESP.

I love the MTM models but couldn't even justify buying the MTM2 at the $600 price tag for those v7 and v8 pickups along with a bolt on neck. You can get a regular fixed bridge with the reverse headstock and same pickups at $450 on Musician's Friend. I do love the bridge and nut setup Mick's have for the tuning stability. I might just save up for one. They should make most of their fixed bridge RG's setups like this for the stability. I just want the bridge and locking nut but don't care who's name is on it.
Quote by Ishiga

You would probably need the fine tuners the edge bridge has to make that work with the locking nut. So if you were able to swap out the regular fixed bridge on the RG2EX1 for a fixed edge bridge then it would work most likely. I've thought about doing this more than once.
Quote by Supermansdead81
I just watched a video on youtube from premierguitar.com and the shadow's fall guitarist was showing off his new ESP sig model. It looks like a RG with a reverse headstock but a little different because it is well.....an ESP.

I love the MTM models but couldn't even justify buying the MTM2 at the $600 price tag for those v7 and v8 pickups along with a bolt on neck. You can get a regular fixed bridge with the reverse headstock and same pickups at $450 on Musician's Friend. I do love the bridge and nut setup Mick's have for the tuning stability. I might just save up for one. They should make most of their fixed bridge RG's setups like this for the stability. I just want the bridge and locking nut but don't care who's name is on it.

I mentioned this earlier. I have the RGR421 which is basically the exact same thing, in a better color, for $150 less, and it doesn't have a warped tuning on it either. It looks as if the MTM2 is going to have Duncan MT sig passives in it now though. I find the standard fender style bridge is fine, expecially with locking tuners, but I wouldn't argue with a locking nut.

I just have a major fetish for reverse headstocks, and Ibanez seems to be producing less and less of them. White isn't the best color either, but it's pretty nice until it starts to age. It's shocking to me how little guitars you can get off the shelf with H-H passives, superstrat shape, and reverse headstock. I would prefer a fixed bridge but I could always block a trem if I had to.
Last edited by potatohead_33 at Jan 4, 2010,
Quote by potatohead_33
I mentioned this earlier. I have the RGR421 which is basically the exact same thing, in a better color, for $150 less, and it doesn't have a warped tuning on it either. It looks as if the MTM2 is going to have Duncan MT sig passives in it now though. I find the standard fender style bridge is fine, expecially with locking tuners, but I wouldn't argue with a locking nut.

I just have a major fetish for reverse headstocks, and Ibanez seems to be producing less and less of them. White isn't the best color either, but it's pretty nice until it starts to age. It's shocking to me how little guitars you can get off the shelf with H-H passives, superstrat shape, and reverse headstock. I would prefer a fixed bridge but I could always block a trem if I had to.

Sorry I didn't see your post about the guitar you had but yeah I feel the same way with my fixed bridge RG. I just got done looking through the 2010 catalog and yes the MTM1 will still have blackouts while the MTM2 will have the new Seymour Duncan passives instead of the V7/V8's. That makes it a lot more of a value to me if it is still at the same price point because my RG already has the V7/V8 combo in it.

It also showed some new fixed bridge RG's with the gibraltars this time instead of them being only on the RGA's which is nice. Some people will probably loose their minds when they see the new RGD models with the longer scale necks. I think they said 26.5" scale length with something like a one step down tuning from the factory. They looked pretty awesome for those who want another guitar for lower tuning and don't want an actual baritone with the real heavy gauge strings.
Page 1 of 2