So buying a new amp soon finally, but eventually I'd like to get a tube amp and a cab of some sort with it, but is there really a big difference in the brands of cabinets? I know matching the Ohms are key, but really is there a big difference between an Ampeg cab and a Gallien-Krueger of the same size of speaker(s)? I would like to get a Fender Bassman 300 after I get into playing shows if that matters much.
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/gear_maintenance/matching_speakers_to_amps.html
This will help you with matching but so long as your cab can handle the power and the impedance matches you'll be fine.

The most important thing is that YOU really like the tone so don't buy before trying it and all the alternatives out with the amp of your choice. You wouldn't buy a car without trying it so why buy an amp/speaker without hearing it.
People mix and match brands of amps and cabinets all of the time; usually for financial reasons. Whether one brand of cabinet is better than another brand is largely subjective (as long as you aren't talking about a piece of junk). If you like the tone that you get with a cabinet that is a different brand than your amplifier, then by all means, go for it. Just make sure you don't encounter any impedance problems.
Yeah I was just wondering if like a Fender 1x15 sounded much different than an Ashdown 1x15 cabinet, for example.
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Those two cabinets will almost certainly sound different, as the cabinet construction and speaker components will differ. Which one sounds better is a matter of taste.
yea, cabinets come in all shapes, sizes and flavours.

similar dimensions and speaker configurations can all sound very different due to the parts used.

Coffee is coffee, but every place makes em different
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Thanks, this has helped out a lot.
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Digitech Hardwire DL-8