Which is the best fixed bridge guitar for a beginner moving from acoustic to electric. i was thinking of something other than ibanez for myself since maybe they are not made for blues tones.??

what do you think??
How long have you been playing? What's your budget? Do you want a beginner guitar or one that's better but will last longer? Why do you want a fixed bridge?
like said, budget is very important.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Stick with a Gibson style. Les Pauls are versatile. (Les Paul was a jazz guitarist) SGs are more rock than blues but certainly okay (think Clapton in Cream) A Semi, like a 335 is excellent for jazz and blues (BB King - Ten Years After) as well as seventies rock, and an ES175 will give you brilliant tones for jazz and blues (Yes) but would be hard work at any kind of rock.
I cite all of these as they are easily available from companies like Epiphone, Agile, Vintage and several others.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Captain Panda
How long have you been playing? What's your budget? Do you want a beginner guitar or one that's better but will last longer? Why do you want a fixed bridge?

been playing for like 6 months. and i am a fan of clapton, allman, B.B. king and other blues rock musicians. my budget is $450 (for the guitar not the amp). reason for a fixed bridge is that i just thought that maybe they will be more suited for blues-rock. If floating bridges are just as usefull then it does'nt matter.
Last edited by padfootpak at Dec 17, 2009,
Well, at that budget I'd have a look at some mexican strats or teles, they're pretty versatile for anything from hard rock to blues and even some jazz. Or you could try Gibson or Epiphone, the Gibson SG has a slightly more rocky feel to it, listen to some ACDC to hear what it sounds like. If rock isn't your thing and you lean more towards jazz you should go for a hollow body, like Epiphone ES-175 reissue. I've heard it can play every genre, but in my experience, hollowbodies are used very often in jazz, and without distortion.

If you don't want to go for Fender or Gibson/Epiphone, the two big companies, I recommend trying Godin, I have one myself and it plays beautifully. Their guitars are very cheap for their quality, since they're not so well known. Of course, I'm biased since I own one myself, but I really recommend the brand.
What do you guys say about a squier couse frankly my bugdet was more of target than a an actual money in hands situation. also i think this will leave me with more money for a good amp. can you guys suggest an amp too please.
I would still stick with a fixed bridge for now if you could! Most blues players use their technique to get vibrato, bends etc not tremolo bars. Tuning stability is easier to achieve on hardtails (all things being equal of course) and while a good termolo will hold its tuning, you don't get a good tremolo on a $300 guitar (new).
Moving on.....
MIM strat, has a tremlo but most blues musicians use them anyway. Just because it has a trem dosent mean it wont have good tuning stability. And plus you dont have to use the trem, you can block it, then if you feel like giving the trem a go you can unblock it.
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster.

Get that and you will never, EVER, regret it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by ethan_hanus
MIM strat, has a tremlo but most blues musicians use them anyway. Just because it has a trem dosent mean it wont have good tuning stability. And plus you dont have to use the trem, you can block it, then if you feel like giving the trem a go you can unblock it.

No argument there but a MIM Strat is >$600 here in Canada and I'm under the impression the TS wants something cheaper.
Moving on.....
Squiers are less expensive. any price quotes. can;t get any off the net. also can anybody please suggest a good amp for blues
How much are you willing to spend on the amp? Solid-state or tube?

Also, in the words of BB King, "If it makes sound, it's good enough for blues", so whatever amp as long as it's not an MG or Frontman I suppose.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
With a Budget of like that you should grab an Epi SG. They would hit the allman tones and the Clapton tones perfectly.