Is Resin core solder the same thing as Rosin core. I've been looking at getting the right solder to install a new pick up and read that the best solder to use is Rosin core 60/40 I live in the UK and I seem to be able to find Resin core 60/40 easly but not the Rosin and was just wondering if there the same thing?
Cheers
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
if the shoe fits, wear it.

solder afaik is more of a preferance, its more noticably differant when your soldering to large stuff made of certain materials. i think.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
do different solders affect the signal?
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
im quite sure they wont, its mostly how they melt, and what types of metals they can be used on (well, use on most effectivly.)
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Silver solder is much stronger and better, but you will need a hotter soldering gun. It's the same solder used with copper plumbing piping. You will need a resin or flux to solder anything. Plain solder will not stick to any metal. The resin or flux causes a chemical reaction and the metal will then flow and bond really strong.

I own a plumbing company and solder every day. Soldering is very easy if you are using the proper tools, flux, and amount of heat. Make sure that you wear safety glasses. Molten metal and eyes don't work well together at all.