Hey, I Thought I'd be adventurous and I took out one of my pickups from my "fender squier esprit". The lame thing is, I can't get the mofo to sit in correctly with the springs.
I'll eplain in better detail;
After I screw it all back in, the pickup sticks out like crazy, like an inch or so, i loosen the screw that controls the height but then it raises out of the block and nothing happens to the pickup.
Ugh, I can only get one right each time.. I think. There are no vids for this problem, and it seems that it's just me that's retarded.

HELP ><
I'm not sure what you mean, here. Are you saying it sits very high, and won't get any lower when you turn the adjustment screw?
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Pics or we can't help you
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
have You tried to hold it in place forcing the springs to go down a notch WHILE adjusting the screws? Because if ur just trying to thighten the screws but the springs are fully relaxed of course it will only go down a notch
Sorry, my comps boned ATM, so I can't chuck in pics.
The 2 screws that adjust the pickups height are the ones I'm talking about.
After I put everything in place, the pickup (not the guard or border thing) sticks out like I've set it to maximum height.

I've got a jerk of a music store near me, and I sure as hell am not going to go there.

Thanks for the quick replies
Quote by Jsteele1408
I'm not sure what you mean, here. Are you saying it sits very high, and won't get any lower when you turn the adjustment screw?

yes. And it reaches a point then the screws just raise up
You're turning the screws the wrong way. IIRC, you have to screw them IN so they compress the springs...

EDIT: Also, if you have unscrewed the screws all the way, you might need to take the pickup back out , because the springs may have fallen into the cavity.
Last edited by blasphemy101 at Dec 17, 2009,
Yeah, just make a photobucket account. It's free and takes like 30 seconds. Then link them.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet