Hey guys, after quite awhile of research, I went into my local guitar shop today and saw something that excited me...

It was an Epiphone Les Paul Plain Top Limited Edition in Cherry with a bigsby! Kinda like this

I really like the way that it is the classical Les Paul shape which I am so in love with, and yet the finish and bigsby help to separate it from others.

But here is the kicker, it is on sale, marked down from $1300 (Australian) to $870! thats 33% off.

Anyway, I didn't get to play but I should be able to go in and try it on Saturday.

Does anyone have experience with this guitar, and what exactly do you get extra from the "limited edition" (not including the bigsby).
::::::Cherry Epiphone Les Paul Standard Custom Shop With Bigsby:::::
::::::Vox AC15VR::::::
Last edited by iTim at Dec 17, 2009,
The limited edition basically means the finish and the bigsby. I haven't played that guitar, but I've played Epiphone stuff before, and it's pretty good. I'd get it if I were you.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Yeah, I own an Epiphone les paul, and it's a great guitar for the money. I might swap out the pickups at some point if I was you, unless you're really happy with the tone.

I'd say buy it. Limited Edition Epiphones are usually of a higher quality anyway.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
That's not an actual photo of the guitar. His post says "kinda like this"
Gear:
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Okay got some pictures back for you guys to see, man its such a nice contrast of the trans cherry to the cream binding/pg

Really, REALLY cool guitar. The price is good too, so if it plays worth a damn, definitely pick it up.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Absolutely gorgeous. The finish is really cool, slightly transparent. The back is amazing too.

Haha you had better buy that!
Gear:
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
I like the look of the guitar to, especially that great back wood. But Bigsbys are a plague (especially with standard TOMs). I have no idea why they're suddenly back in fashion, but I wish they would go away.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by Even Bigger D
I like the look of the guitar to, especially that great back wood. But Bigsbys are a plague (especially with standard TOMs). I have no idea why they're suddenly back in fashion, but I wish they would go away.

I like them a hell of a lot more than all those damn Floyd Roses. Bigsbys are cool and retro.

If it plays good, I'd get it TS.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by FloyDZeD
I like them a hell of a lot more than all those damn Floyd Roses. Bigsbys are cool and retro.

Regardless of any retro-ness, they're horrible in terms of staying in tune. The strings hang up on the TOM saddles (and the wound strings tend to come apart). It's just a horrible design.

Floyds, at least the good ones, work. The same can't really be said for Bigsbys.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Thats a beautiful Les Paul. I'm pretty picky as to which LP I would buy, and that is definitely one of them. If you can get it at that price, go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Just quickly, since I have never actually bought a new electric guitar during the time I have played, what thought of things should I be looking out for when I go in tomorrow?
OMG, woke up this morning to go and get it, my car was stolen and burned out, aswell as my wallet. So I am gonna have to wait a few days now.
Yeh, I didn't even notice it was gone till I got the message from the police.
Yeh market value aswell as a rental for three weeks. I'm just pissed off that I gotta wait for my
new guitar!!
sorry about the wallet and the car but... this will make for an amazing NGD story.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by iTim
Yeh market value aswell as a rental for three weeks. I'm just pissed off that I gotta wait for my
new guitar!!

Bad luck bro, maybe I'll see that story on the news tonight Anyway thrash the **** out of the rental.
Haha hell yeh. Can't wait for the NGD!!!
Here's some pictures I found for now :P
Quote by Even Bigger D
Regardless of any retro-ness, they're horrible in terms of staying in tune. The strings hang up on the TOM saddles (and the wound strings tend to come apart). It's just a horrible design.

Floyds, at least the good ones, work. The same can't really be said for Bigsbys.
*cough*roller bridge*cough*
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...