Ok what exactly is amp bias?
how do I know when to adjust it?
how to adjust it properly?
27mMoV31II7.a2
1: there is a thread about that already, do some searching (the tubes thread I think)
2: When You change the valves or if the sound stinks and You think it's the tubes
3: Depends on the amp, but if You have zero electronics knowledge leave it to a pro.

(and cheers for being a Takamine guy )
Quote by Rutch
How much time ya got?

Is this the Traynor you're talking about, or just in general?

in general
27mMoV31II7.a2
Quote by Antimage27
in general

Depends on use...generally 15 months or so. But sometimes they last way longer.
a bias is just a negative voltage that sets the idle current through your tubes. you set the bias every time you change power tubes as different power tubes are going to draw different current.
Ok what exactly is amp bias?

This:
Quote by al112987
a bias is just a negative voltage that sets the idle current through your tubes. you set the bias every time you change power tubes as different power tubes are going to draw different current.

how do I know when to adjust it?
When you change your power tubes.

how to adjust it properly?
Take it to a tech. Lethal voltages and all that.
It's something you could learn, and it's useful and fun (imho), but without a very good understanding about exactly what's going on in there, you stand a good chance of checking out. The voltages in your amp, even when off and unplugged, are well above what is needed to stop the heart.
If your amp has external bias points and an external bias adjust, it can sort of be done without pulling the chassis, and it's safe enough.