So just this morning one of my two guitar cables died. While I was wondering how in the world I was going to get distortion from my Little Giant while my parents were home, I had an idea... If it would be possible to combine my Tubescreamer with my Little Giant so it would be like having a drive knob on my amp. I always play with the Tubescreamer on 99% of the time anyway.

So, would you think this would be a good idea? If you do, and if you know how I should go about doing this, any help would be great.
It would be much easier and likely less expensive to just replace your patch cable.
Quote by imicius
It would be much easier and likely less expensive to just replace your patch cable.

I know, I know. It was just an idea I had, so I figured I'd ask and see if it would be a good thing to do.
Wait, combine as putting the tubescreamer in the amp?
Is that what you meant?
Quote by Sguit
Wait, combine as putting the tubescreamer in the amp?
Is that what you meant?

I think he meant basically doing what he's doing already, but like soldering the PCB inside the amp's chassis as some kind of buffer between the input and the preamp.
Quote by imicius
I think he meant basically doing what he's doing already, but like soldering the PCB inside the amp's chassis as some kind of buffer between the input and the preamp.

this is what I meant, but like I said before, I don't really know how I would go about doing it.
I'd just get a pedal coupler cable, tape the pedal to your amp, plug the output into the input of the amp with the coupler, and plug into your pedal for your input.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
I'd just get a pedal coupler cable, tape the pedal to your amp.

Duct tape fixes everything. EVERYTHING.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Well i'll simplify this for you.

You can spend a lot of money on mods that will probably fail while destroying the resale value and possible use of both items or you can spend maybe $5-10 on a new cable.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
This is retarded. You want gain, you turn the TS on, you want cleans you turn it off. Done.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab