What is difference between jcm 800, jcm 900, and 1960 lead cabs? Also which one is better in your opinion and why
The JCM 800 and 900 will probably be built a bit better as 1960s aren't put together very well.

An older 800 will also have G12M-65s which are the 65w version of Greenbacks and sound way better than the G12T-75s that later replaced them in all 3 cab versions.

Marshall cabs have a tendency to sound vastly different though even with the same exact specs, so it's really a matter of trying them to see which you like best.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
How much can there really be difference in cabs? I've often wondered this. How could a Mesa Boogie 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30's possibly justify a price tag of over $1000, when a Harley Benton 4x12 with the same Celestion Vintage 30's is like $250? Can the difference all be in the wood that is used in the cabs?
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
How much can there really be difference in cabs? I've often wondered this. How could a Mesa Boogie 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30's possibly justify a price tag of over $1000, when a Harley Benton 4x12 with the same Celestion Vintage 30's is like $250? Can the difference all be in the wood that is used in the cabs?

Wood. The quality of construction. Quality of components (wire, jacks, casters, handles).

I don't know where the Harley and Bentons are made either. But Mesas, being made in the US, will increase the price.
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
Quote by TheRectified
Wood. The quality of construction. Quality of components (wire, jacks, casters, handles).

I don't know where the Harley and Bentons are made either. But Mesas, being made in the US, will increase the price.

Ok, this clarifies the reason for the big price tags. But, can it really be worth it to pay hundreds of dollars more for a cab that simply has better parts and wood? I get it that the wood is a big factor on the sound of the cab, but the other components, like wire and jacks, they don't really contribute to the tone that much? I get it that good components won't break that easily but still... I just can't wrap my head around paying that much for a cab
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
Ok, this clarifies the reason for the big price tags. But, can it really be worth it to pay hundreds of dollars more for a cab that simply has better parts and wood? I get it that the wood is a big factor on the sound of the cab, but the other components, like wire and jacks, they don't really contribute to the tone that much? I get it that good components won't break that easily but still... I just can't wrap my head around paying that much for a cab

I think it's worth it. I love my Mesa 4x12. Granted I didn't pay anything close to what they are going for new for mine but it is worth the my, IMO.

The fit and finish of the cab is top notch and I know that when I'm hauling it around ang gigging that I will never have to worth about that cab falling apart on me.
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15