http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/6b/news/wii-supreme-is-world-s-most-expensive-console-4d556b.html
But back to the Wii Supreme which, understandably, is already being dubbed the “World’s most expensive games console”. Stuart Hughes and his associates spent six months lovingly crafting it and then buffing it to an impossible sheen. Small wonder that the asking price is a not entirely unreasonable £299,995.

To give this thread a purpose and meaning, post some pimpin' gadgets.
(Also mentioned in the article)

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Why..............?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I don't think the PS3 is expensive. It's quite versatile, especially the older versions that support other OS's than the Ps3's own, and considering it's got some serious hardware in it, it's not expensive at all. Getting a Blu-ray player and a PC with enough hardware to stand uo to the Ps3 would be quite a bit more expensive.

EDIT: Lol, should've read the thread first.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Last edited by The^Unforgiven at Dec 17, 2009,
Nobody better buy a gold-plated Wii with the intent to actually use it. One, it would overheat, Two, wtf is the matter with you?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by archangels666
*pic*

Yeah, I do think the PS3 is expensive.

Touche good sir

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by The^Unforgiven
I don't think the PS3 is expensive. It's quite versatile, especially the older versions that support other OS's than the Ps3's own, and considering it's got some serious hardware in it, it's not expensive at all. Getting a Blu-ray player and a PC with enough hardware to stand uo to the Ps3 would be quite a bit more expensive.

EDIT: Lol, should've read the thread first.

The PS3 Blu Ray player is comparable with the Sony BDPS550 (at £280) and is much faster than pretty much every Blu Ray player on the market. I work at a hi-fi/home cinema store, and we'll recommend the PS3 over Blu Ray players below the BDPS550, even though we don't sell PS3s
here in Brasil everything's expensive...
Hard Rock,Nu Metal,Trance n Hardstyle lover
who would buy the wii anyway?? they are shockingly bad

all they are good for is drunken games at the end of the night
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The PS3 Blu Ray player is comparable with the Sony BDPS550 (at £280) and is much faster than pretty much every Blu Ray player on the market. I work at a hi-fi/home cinema store, and we'll recommend the PS3 over Blu Ray players below the BDPS550, even though we don't sell PS3s

But a PS3 is the same price and plays top of the range games. No blu-ray player does that.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
the ps3 literally does everything. as far as internet, video, audio, and games goes. its not gonna give u a foot massage or whatever. it might warm up your feet.
Quote by 89cruefan
who would buy the wii anyway?? they are shockingly bad

all they are good for is drunken games at the end of the night

It's meant to be a family/party system.

(I hope.)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
Nobody better buy a gold-plated Wii with the intent to actually use it. One, it would overheat, Two, wtf is the matter with you?

Why would it overheat?
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
of course, why spend your money on anything you might actually need, like food clothes, an education for your children, when you can buy a golden wii!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by SteveHouse

It's not gold-plated. It's actually made of 22K gold.

That said, it definitely would overheat like crazy, and it would be a bitch to haul around, since gold is heavy. But then again, maybe they threw in a liquid nitrogen cooling system, too.
there was a dimand encusted mobile on sale in selfridges in birmingham for about £15000 a few years back and it never had a cam
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Yeah, that was kind of my point The PS3 sells itself basically off of the Blu Ray player alone.

Oh, I see.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by sol-sob-on-pcp
the ps3 literally does everything. as far as internet, video, audio, and games goes. its not gonna give u a foot massage or whatever. it might warm up your feet.

you never know sony might read what you put and create a foot masager add on. lol

Quote by SteveHouse
It's meant to be a family/party system.

(I hope.)

well then if it is meant for that, how they can justify creating a gold plated wii?? lol. they should know what kids are like for destroying things
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
If anything it would stay cooler than the plastic variety considering gold is quite the thermal conductor...
Quote by BlueHorseDemon
If anything it would stay cooler than the plastic variety considering gold is quite the thermal conductor...

This.
I don't understand why anybody thinks it would overheat. Gold is the best conductor of heat and electricity of all of the pure metals. Unlike plastic, which is an insulator and would hold the heat inside near the electronics, the gold would absorb the heat and allow it to more easily get to the air outside of the console, away from the electronics.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
I liked the Wii when I had it, enjoyed it alot. Shame my family didn't

The Ps3 is good, tis really good...

It is expensive I guess.........but bearing in mind what it's capable of it's cheap-ish
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
If Saddam was still alive i bet he would have wanted one...
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Nexium
If Saddam was still alive i bet he would have wanted one...

Saddam liked video games?
Quote by SOADrox429
Why would it overheat?

Cuz it's gold, which holds heat very well. And, btw, this is the dumbest idea Sony ever. The only use I can is a model.

Basically, "I'm rich; I have a solid gold-plated PS3. I never play it. It's just there so you all know I have a solid gold-plated PS3. I have a regular one in the cabinet for when I actually want to play PS3 games."
I wonder how much it would cost for microsoft to make a game system that doesn't fail 60% of the time...
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by SOADrox429
This.
I don't understand why anybody thinks it would overheat. Gold is the best conductor of heat and electricity of all of the pure metals. Unlike plastic, which is an insulator and would hold the heat inside near the electronics, the gold would absorb the heat and allow it to more easily get to the air outside of the console, away from the electronics.

Because I know shit all about that sort of stuff. I figured the system would get really hot and fry the electronics.

So, basically, the case itself acts as a very large heat sink?

I'm sorry I don't know a whole lot about heat conduction.
Quote by Holy Katana
Because I know shit all about that sort of stuff. I figured the system would get really hot and fry the electronics.

I'm sorry I don't know a whole lot about heat conduction.

The case would be a large heat sink, and the heat the came from the case when it reached maximum heat capacity would go to the air, rather than back to the inside of the console.
I think, anyways.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Orgasms all over the screen
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
Quote by Holy Katana

That's the concept of the MacBook, which uses an aluminum case/heat sink. Works pretty well.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Cuz it's gold, which holds heat very well. And, btw, this is the dumbest idea Sony ever. The only use I can is a model.

Basically, "I'm rich; I have a solid gold-plated PS3. I never play it. It's just there so you all know I have a solid gold-plated PS3. I have a regular one in the cabinet for when I actually want to play PS3 games."

Gold doesn't hold heat well. It conducts heat well, it also releases it well. The gold case would be like a giant heat sink.

EDIT: ^^like he said
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Hm, I learned something about heat conduction today.

A lot of people ITT are very confused though. It's one guy making 3 gold Wiis, not Nintendo opening up a line. Sony isn't making gold PS3s either.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by crazysam23_Atax

1. Sony aren't involved at all
2 It's a Wii being goldplated
3 A third party person is doing it
4 The PS3 in the images is also by the same person
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO