Ok Ug,

So this Christmas i'm gonna spend my money on my pedal board

I've been thinking of some ideas and i'd like you to tell me what you think...

1) My first idea was to replace my Standard GCB-95 crybaby with the dimebag crybaby from hell wah. I love the amount of features that the Crybaby from hell has, and to me it has the best sounding sweep on the market. I just seriously can't take another moment of the standard Crybaby!

2) I may upgrade my distortion section by adding an EHX English Muffin', i am very intrigued by this pedal i love it's tone and it's wide variety of tones.

3) I was thinking maybe getting a Barber Half Gainer to jazz up my board a lil bit

4) I was also thinking of adding a Barber Trifecta Fuzz pedal as i hear they are pretty sweet

5) oh and maybe a Whammy , for obvious reasons

So what do you think? Any other suggestions?

Thanks Guys
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Last edited by ChiliFan01 at Dec 17, 2009,
how bout a Klon Centaur Overdrive? its $350, and you have to be interviewed before you can get one, but its AMAZING!!!
Hmm.. Why don't you try a delay? or a bit of flanger?

Another good idea might be a nice overdrive with a boost pedal. Get some nice thick, rich distortion. Or a EQ pedal?

What genres do you want to play, what amp and guitar do you use?
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by PussyPunk182
Hmm.. Why don't you try a delay? or a bit of flanger?

Another good idea might be a nice overdrive with a boost pedal. Get some nice thick, rich distortion. Or a EQ pedal?

What genres do you want to play, what amp and guitar do you use?

Ok right my current rig is 2008 Strat--->DD-3--->Crybaby--->Big Muff--->Boss DS-2--->Marshall jcm900.

And i play rock/punk/funk/bluesy type things
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Id say throw an EQ pedal in there. It would make your already pretty versatile setup even more versatile. Or some sort of modulation pedal, like a chorus or a phaser? A good overdrive would be a very nice addition for perhaps a better blues tone and a bit more gain for rock.
Ok well that helps alot. What about a budget?

EQ pedals are always helpful and can drastically change your tone, given that you learn how to use one properly, for the better. The Danelectro fishnchips eq pedal has great reviews and it is very cheap. I'd pick one of those up.

Also, the fulltone OCD pedal is a great OD. It suits blues very well, which also means you could probably stretch it to some low crunch funkyness, or some old school punk style stuff aslong as you kick the treble up a bit and keep the gain about half way.

CHORUS. electro harmonix's small clone will probably do. Thicken up those solos and add a watery shimmer to your clean rhythms.

Just some things to think about.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Im a bit of a noob when it comes to EQ pedals can you please explain the basics of an EQ pedals job? thnx
My Gig Rig...

Basically, the same as the bass middle and treble on your amp except you will have control over finer details and you will usually have sliders. This makes it easier to slide in mid boosts/scoops or peek your trebles in a gentler way.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Hmmm it sounds like a good idea, if i got a booster say the MXR Micro amp would i be ab;e to overdrive the amp and still have realitivky low volume?

If do i will buy a micro amp and an eq
My Gig Rig...

Sure, I guess. Thats what it's used for alot I think. Its a very useful pedal and you could use it in the future for other things aswell.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
So what i would i have to set the amp and the pedal to, to get that kind of effect?
My Gig Rig...