Hi,
I currently have an Epiphone Les Paul Special and am looking to upgrade to something better. I play a lot of Motley Crue, Guns N' Roses and Bon Jovi. I don't care if its new or used, just has to be under $500. I will be playing it through a GNX3 and a roland cube 15x. Any suggestions would be great, thanks
I am a big believer in Ibanez guitars and they have quite a few good quality guitars for less than $500.
New amp first. Amp will make the biggest difference. If you HAVE to buy a new guitar, then I would suggest an Agile. Use the leftover money to buy a Peavey Vypyr.
Ibanez RG321MH or RG2EX1.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I picked up a like new Edwards Les Paul for $500....twice.
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
An Epi Les Paul standard is a great guitar. And just in your range if you get a plain top model.
There miles ahead of the special. I know. I have both

And a new amp would also do some good
Ibanez RG
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
I just bought a Jackson DK2T for $330 shipped off Ebay.....got it two days ago and it's very nice (really like the MIJ jacksons): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130349183118&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

If you want to buy new this seller almost always has some super deals on discontinued Washburns. Those WI45's he's selling for $250 shipped are fabulous guitars.....the WM24's are really nice as well. http://instruments.shop.ebay.com/Electric-/33034/i.html?Brand=Washburn&_catref=1&_dmpt=Guitar&_fln=1&_ipg=&_ssn=mauery21804&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Then there is the Tempest Custom in Black for $400.....I LOVE these guitars.... http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCETMPCST

Or a Devil Custom with real EMG's for $520-30.... http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCEDVLCST
Quote by The_Rooster
Dude its a guitar, not an nuclear weapon...... unless your Chuck Norris.

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
Quote by GuitarLGND

except all four of those have really chep trems that won't last long.
I just played an Ibanez S outfitted with dimarzio/ibz pickups for $467 at long and mquade in ottawa. It was used but it looked perfectly fine. im assuming the owner just got bored of it and traded it in.
Quote by Fridge101
I just played an Ibanez S outfitted with dimarzio/ibz pickups for $467 at long and mquade in ottawa. It was used but it looked perfectly fine. im assuming the owner just got bored of it and traded it in.

it's odd, but some people do that. the guy who owned the Ibby Prestige before me had brought it in for a set-up and a pickup swap and just never bothered to come back and get it
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']except all four of those have really chep trems that won't last long.
well for under 500 ucks...?
Quote by The_Rooster
Dude its a guitar, not an nuclear weapon...... unless your Chuck Norris.

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
Quote by GuitarLGND
well for under 500 ucks...?

For 500 bucks he should just go with a dependable hardtail until he builds a big enough budget later on to buy a decent guitar with a dependable trem on it.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']it's odd, but some people do that. the guy who owned the Ibby Prestige before me had brought it in for a set-up and a pickup swap and just never bothered to come back and get it

Did he forget or something?

And ts moar in4mation

What type of bridge?
What type of neck joint?
What type of pickup laout?
What woods?
Anything else?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Did he forget or something?

And ts moar in4mation

What type of bridge?
What type of neck joint?
What type of pickup laout?
What woods?
Anything else?

I honestly do not know (<--- lack of contractions = srs shiznit) All I know is I asked my friend, "the salesman," and he said the guy just basically dropped it off and never bothered to come back for it. So, since the work was done in the shop and not at home, I got an Ibanez RG2610E with a DiMarzio Evo Bridge p'up and a fresh set of Dean Markley Blue Steels ^.^ all for $515, too.
If you're into SGs pick up an Epiphone SG 1966 ltd. edition. I love mine =D
Put this in your signature if you've ever saved a child.

Yea thats what i thought.
Bloody hell if we just did a conversion into aussie dollars I don't think that would be enough to buy an Ibanez RG321 for that much.