i recently purchased a cherry red fender "the twin" amplifier at guitar center. it was used, but it still sounds amazing. i got it for $350 USD. i looked on ebay for similar stuff, and i found one just like it selling for $1,000. the ebay guy said it was limited edition and a guy at fender told him there were only 50 red fender amps ever made. i was just wondering if anyone could let me know any more information. like, if i got a good deal, and if there was any validity to his statements.
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
the case is red. its not the evil twin with the red knobs
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

Quote by ajreciever14
the case is red. its not the evil twin with the red knobs

the "case"? as in cover or cabinet?
yeah. its a combo tube amp, and the whole cabinet is red.

yeah those are pretty rare, but $1000 still seems like a lot (doubt he will get that). never-the-less you got a good deal for 350, congrats.

EDIT: just looked at the ebay ad, its a fake. The last picture shows are tear in the red material and its actually just a black cab underneath.
Last edited by JayLacelle at Dec 17, 2009,
Just because he is asking that much does not mean its worth that much..
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
talked to a guy on the phone at fender, and he said he doesnt know how many were made, but there were between 20 and 100.

Note to JayLacelle and the OP:

I'm no pro, but I've seen this (not exactly THIS amp) before, and I will say that I believe it's 100% legit, or an EXTREMELY good fake job.

There's absolutely nothing in that picture that says fake to me.
Where are you seeing the black tolex underneath?

1: If it was red tolex just pasted over black, there is no way the silverware would snug down like it does in those pics. That is Red tolex over bare wood. Not guaranteeing it's real, just saying there is definitely no tolex, black or otherwise, underneath the red.

2: Look at the fourth pic. Just to the lower left of the volume knob, the tolex is scraped and peeling. That is wood, not tolex. I assume that's what JayLacelle is referring to. Fender commonly painted all wood joints, or any other possible tolex joints black, so that even if the skin job was bad, you couldn't spot it.

Not trying to call anyone out here, and I'm admitting I'm no expert, but I see nothing there that says fake.

Only way to be sure is get serial numbers and check with Fender.
(Nice amp, btw...)

EDIT: I realize you guys aren't talking about the eBay ad, but still, that's legit IMHO.