Well, I have a few more questions again...

1) Is it normal that I can't play when my fingers are cold? I know this is random, but I've noticed that I have more difficulty playing when my right hand fingers are cold...

2) When you pluck or whatever, are your fingers supposed to touch the body of the bass after the pluck? or do they just "touch the string and stay in the air" , kinda like what a pick does? I don,t know if you understand that question lol, but I would need to know

Thanks for taking your time to try and answer these for me, your help is appreciated!
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
1) It's normal, just think about it. For the record, that was not a "random" question. People need to relearn what "random" means.

2) Well... no. I'm going to categorically say that they shouldn't, unless you have a ramp. If anything, it's detrimental to your playing, as your fingers are performing much larger movements than required.
1. yea ive bin having this issue lately too :/

i usually sit on my hands for a while than play or go somewhere warmer in home if can
Quote by Deliriumbassist
1) It's normal, just think about it. For the record, that was not a "random" question. People need to relearn what "random" means.

2) Well... no. I'm going to categorically say that they shouldn't, unless you have a ramp. If anything, it's detrimental to your playing, as your fingers are performing much larger movements than required.

Thanks, well, it was random for me since i'm new to bass (been playing for about 3 weeks), and I've never had that problem with guitar before <, since I was playing with a pick.

And for your answer on number 2, thats what I thaught too, but it occured to me that I may be wrong, glad to know I was right
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
1. yes it's perfectly normal, i'd reccommend some fingerless gloves

2. again, fairly normal. My fingers hit my pickups when playing as i always play over a pickup, i guess if my action was low enough they would hit the body too.
SCIENCE TIME! alright, all your joints are filled with a very viscous liquid that is nearly solid. This liquid when cold freezes and stiffens your joints making them harder to move. Also since this liquid is so viscous you can "pop" it and separate chunks of it. After 30 minutes the liquid will melt back together and you can do it again.

And for your fingers hitting the body I think you should be picking parellel to your bass body. usually when you see someone play you will see their finger land on the string behind the one plucked. plucking down can lead to buzzing.
no sir away a papaya war is on