I'm looking at purchasing the Bugera V55 in either head or cab form.
I was just trying to determine whether I could get the head and a reasonable quality 1x12 speaker cabinet speaker cheaper then the combo
So, if anyone has any recommendations or advise for cabinets/whether this is a bad idea etc, it would be much appreciated.

Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Unless you go used, a head & cabinet will almost certainly cost more than the combo amplifier. If you plan on running just one 12" speaker, there is no advantage to going with a separate head and cabinet. If you plan on driving more than the 1x12, then by all means, go with a separate head and cabinet.
hmm, well, as I said, all I want is to drive the 1 speaker, and the only reason I was looking at it was because I thought it might be possible to do that cheaper then buying the combo.

Thanks for the help.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
usually seperates are better. i think theyre worth the extra money you pay for them

Why are they better? Is it that the quality of the build is higher or....
Well, I was actually trying to see if I could spend less, so that idea is quickly going out the window

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Boogie Man
Why are they better? Is it that the quality of the build is higher or....
Well, I was actually trying to see if I could spend less, so that idea is quickly going out the window

what is your budget?

EDIT: i would say that theyre better cause you can pick your own speakers to go with it mainly. you dont have to use what bugera gives you. this is just my opinion
Last edited by dlguitarmaster7 at Dec 17, 2009,
Yeah but the you could always just replace the speaker. More hassle than pluging into a different cab for sure, but if youre only gonna do it once...
yeah. unless you like bugera speakers you could either

1) change the combo speaker (a little more of a hassle like subzero said)

or

2) get the head with a cab with speakers that you like
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
what is your budget?

EDIT: i would say that theyre better cause you can pick your own speakers to go with it mainly. you dont have to use what bugera gives you. this is just my opinion

Well, my budget is such, that I could afford the head atm, but not a speaker
And in a while I should be able to scrape together the cash to get the Bugera V55 combo, which in Australia is 849.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣