The week after Christmas I'm getting a Brian May Red Special (The one made by Burns). And I just wanted to know peoples thoughts on them. I personaly love it since it's a mix between a Strat and a Les Paul and also how they are all pretty much set up for 9 gauge strings (I use D'addario Steels 9's).
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
The build quality is great, and if you are a dyed-in-the-wool Brian May fan, it is a must-have. Just remember that it is Brian May's idea of the perfect guitar, so it may not be your idea of the perfect guitar.

You'll definitely stand out on stage while playing it, though.
not really my thing... love Brian May though

I've heard people absolutely love them, supposed to be quite versatile too
I'd prefer a PRS as a middle man between strat and 'paul

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
some dude just reviewed one go check it
"Sign your guitar? I'll sign your arse if you want me to!" - Herman Li, at a guitar clinic in Malaysia

Yeah I love Queen and Brian May is one of idols. I dunno why I haven't bought one before hand. But yeah I heard the build quality is surpost to be amazing for the price.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

I love Bryan Mays playing, but I hate him and so I'd hate to have that guitar haha. However, I like Burns stuff so it'll probably be pretty damn good. Can't argue with the number of pickup options too.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
I love Bryan Mays playing, but I hate him and so I'd hate to have that guitar haha. However, I like Burns stuff so it'll probably be pretty damn good. Can't argue with the number of pickup options too.

I feel the same way about Jared Leto from 30 Seconds To Mars. I love his voice and his song writing but he's just a prick lol.

Quote by Kurapica

Awww why do you hate the guy?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger
Awww why do you hate the guy?

In interviews he's always seemed so far up his own ass, that the hot air spouting from his mouth is perming his own hair.

Also, he played God Save the Queen on the roof of Buckingham Palace. That isn't rock n roll, that's repulsive! Could you see Joe Strummer doing that? Urgh >.<
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Quote by Kurapica
In interviews he's always seemed so far up his own ass, that the hot air spouting from his mouth is perming his own hair.

Also, he played God Save the Queen on the roof of Buckingham Palace. That isn't rock n roll, that's repulsive! Could you see Joe Strummer doing that? Urgh >.<

He was in Queen though lol. I don't think he's up his ass, he's a very genuine guy and is very respectful of other musicians. Like when Axel Rose didn't put any thanks in for Brian on the new GNR album he just said "I'm sure he has his reasons" if I were him I'd be frickin' mad, you just layed down some lead work for Axel Rose and he doesn't thank you! lol.

But each to their own....I hate Yngie Malsteen lol.

^ To each his own permed nemesis, as the saying goes.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Quote by Kurapica
^ To each his own permed nemesis, as the saying goes.

Yeah that's why I said each to their own lol.

I almost bought one as my first electric, but by the time I had the cash, Burns Brian May Red Specials were no longer available in the USA except as used guitars...and there weren't any used ones available at the time!

I still look for them, though. Unfortunately, the only BMRSs I see are the previous incarnation, not Burns' version.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I almost bought one as my first electric, but by the time I had the cash, Burns Brian May Red Specials were no longer available in the USA except as used guitars...and there weren't any used ones available at the time!

I still look for them, though. Unfortunately, the only BMRSs I see are the previous incarnation, not Burns' version.

Mwhahaha. Finally somthing the English have that the Americans don't!!

Sorry to hear that though. It's happend to me many times =/

I think it is a hell of an ugly guitar...
But probably sounds awesome, so... :p
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by dannyalcatraz

I know how you feel
I want a PRS SE Custom 24, but they have just been discontinued
And I think my local music store might be out
Quote by Gods_Gift
I know how you feel
I want a PRS SE Custom 24, but they have just been discontinued
And I think my local music store might be out

There's still alot of them about but mainly on the internet cause I was gonna get an SE Singlecut but they stopped the ones in blue =/

Quote by Tokai09
There's still alot of them about but mainly on the internet cause I was gonna get an SE Singlecut but they stopped the ones in blue =/

I'm a bit wary of buying guitars online
I'm checking all my local shops to hope to find one before I even consider online
Quote by Gods_Gift
I'm checking all my local shops to hope to find one before I even consider online

http://www.dv247.com
They still have some PRS SE models.
Bought a PRS SE Custom 22 Stoptail, Cherry Sunburst from them last week.

When i was choosing the guitar, i also found some here:
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Gods_Gift

Yeah I totaly agree. Somtimes alot of the stuff they sell online is B-stock, you just have to read into it alot.