Well within the next month or so I'm going to sell my guitar and get a new one. Yes I know you are not supposed to sell guitars and such, but I HATE my guitar and it is starting to turn me off from playing guitar. Well anyway I know for sure I'm getting a Strat, but I haven't gotten a new guitar in about 2 years and this is my first "serious" guitar. Is there anything I need to do/buy when I get my guitar? Get it set-up.etc. Any good way to tell if the guitar is good or not?
Why not sell it if it's a means to get a new guitar? You won't need to set anything up yourself unless your customizing your own, which it doesn't seem like you are. If you have an opportunity to play it before you buy it, that would be recommended. How much are you looking to spend?
Nikolas
I usually play Classic Rock with some Blues thrown in there sometimes. I've been playing 3-4 years and my range is about $500 up to $600 if nessecary, but I've heard that the Strat is perfect for me. I have played a few and I enjoy the neck and tone.