Hello there.

I currently have a Line6 Spider III 75W amp and I want to buy either the Digitech Whammy or the Zvex Fuzz Factory.
Unfortunately, I do not live near a Guitar Center, and every music shop here doesn't have either one of them, so I do not have the possibility to try out the pedals.

However, my brother was able to go to Guitar Center, and he only tried out the Whammy pedal on the same amp as I have, but he said that it only sounded good with the "Metal" and "Insane" settings on the amp.

Now, I would really like to know whether it is true what my brother said, or the equipment was not working as it should, or anything else.

My brother didn't try out the Fuzz Factory, so I would also like to know if the Fuzz Factory has any problem functioning with my amp, or if it sounds good.

Thank you
Quote by jinjan29
Answer: Its a spider III

So..... that means that neither of them work?
the digitech whammy is just a pitch shifter, it will 'work' on any amp. I find it sounds nice after a fuzz pedal though, so you could try that.

Anyone who says a whammy pedal won't work with a spider3 has no clue what they're on about and is saying it because of the big lame UG bandwagon against spiders.
both pedals will work with your amp. sounding good is another question. digital amps dont always take pedals well, but i find that more the case with modulation pedals. dirt pedals on the clean channel usually work fine. trying to boost the amp with a dirt pedal is a bad idea though.

so, fuzz, should be fine as long as you are using it mostly with the clean(er) channels. whammy, should be fine with anything. neither of those would be pedals i would identify as having issues with a digital amp.
Quote by jof1029
both pedals will work with your amp. sounding good is another question. digital amps dont always take pedals well, but i find that more the case with modulation pedals. dirt pedals on the clean channel usually work fine. trying to boost the amp with a dirt pedal is a bad idea though.

so, fuzz, should be fine as long as you are using it mostly with the clean(er) channels. whammy, should be fine with anything. neither of those would be pedals i would identify as having issues with a digital amp.

This.

To me, the Whammy can sound weird in the higher registers on a clean setting, so maybe thats what your brother was talking about.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
the whammy should work fine, and so would the Fuzz Factory, but it is an extremely bright fuzz that probably wouldn't mix well with the Spider's clean channel too well unless you eq said clean channel to be rather dark
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
dude the fuzz will sound better than your current distortion. I have found it is the only way to make my MG usable.