I've asked for a green quilted LTD EC1000 from all my relatives for Christmas and I think I'm getting I've played it, loved it and completely sold on it. I just wanted to know if anybody had any horror stories I should be aware of?
Mine developed a dirty volume pot, but that's all.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
I guess the biggest horror story would be that ugly binding on the guitar but that's just my hatred speaking.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
I guess the biggest horror story would be that ugly binding on the guitar but that's just my hatred speaking.

Yea I'm not entirely crazy about it either but I don't want anything less than a 1000 series ltd and the ESP EC-II is way out of price range. I can't find any used EC-II's either. Oh well.

I've always wanted a green quilted guitar.
Outside of that horridly disgusting abalone coating the outside lines of the guitar (that alone turned me away from it) it's a decent instrument.
Quote by azn_guitarist25

haha me too. i'm really really not a big fan of the binding. beyond that, i think they're beautiful guitars. great 24.75" scale, more comfortable than a les paul, better fret access, and beautiful quilted tops. i'm not a fan of EMGs, but thats something everybody makes their own minds up about. looks like you've got the amp to handle them, so it should be a great guitar!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I like the binding, too, depending on the color. I like the vintage black the most.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by Lekz
I like the binding, too, depending on the color. I like the vintage black the most.

I vowed to never buy another satin guitar...I had one a while ago and the finish wore down from playing it so much and it was shinny underneath...looked like sh@t
Quote by zhunt1130
I vowed to never buy another satin guitar...I had one a while ago and the finish wore down from playing it so much and it was shinny underneath...looked like sh@t
Ohhh I see.. I never had/played a guitar with a satin finish. They sure look pretty when new, tho.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by Lekz
Ohhh I see.. I never had/played a guitar with a satin finish. They sure look pretty when new, tho.

Oh I agree 100%...if they'd stay that way, I'd get the vintage in a heartbeat but then again I've had 2 black guitars and quilted green isn't near as common