So I have found myself in the current possession of a solid 820 USD, with another 80 coming soon (possibly more, not sure though).

I have been, for the past year and a half, been saving up for a new amp, as I am simply sick and tired of running my guitar rig through my bass amp for home use, and having to use my co-guitarist/bassist's Orange for gigs (we share guitar and bass duties, seeing as it's a three piece band). This has been an issue, since I sort of have a spending problem, so I have asked my parents to hold on to most of my money for me.

Anyways, I'm looking for a high-gain sound that still retains clarity. The best example of what I'm looking for I guess is the rhythm tone of Shinedown (none of that newfangled Sound of Madness stuff, even though it was a good album, I mean the heavy rhythms in Left Out).

The guitar I would be running through this would be a stock Gibson Les Paul Studio, which would first be going into a crybaby wah and a boss 10-band EQ. I play mostly metal and hard rock, so obviously reliable distortion is important, but I'm also looking for a good clean tone, something like Roadside by Rise Against, but I'm willing to compromise and deal with a passable clean tone if the amp has good enough distortion.

Music I mainly play is our own original stuff, simply because we tune to B standard, and I only own the one electric guitar, but I still love to play stuff like KoRn, Shinedown, Seether, Sick Puppies, Staind, older AFI, Alter Bridge, and Killswitch Engage. I would prefer a combo simply because of cost reasons, but if a good half-stalk could be found for the money, I'm open to getting it. I just don't want to have to run the head through my bass cab, but if that is the only option for the amp I'll do it.

I DO gig, as well as record, and I live in Washington DC.

tl;dr
Gigging guitarist in DC looking for new high-gain amp, budget of 900.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I vote either bugera 6262 or save yourself some cash and go valveking / OD.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
I'm willing to try the 6262 and 6505+. The valveking not so much. I remember trying it in the store, and for some reason didn't really have the oomph I really wanted :/
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
some decent used gear on the DC CL

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/msg/1510480407.html (a bit over budget...and the cab isn't great)

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/msg/1510135270.html (needs a cab)

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/msg/1510032285.html (ehh...)

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/msg/1514552017.html (SS)

Keep an eye out for 5150/6505s, XXX used...or look at Bugera's 333/6262's new.
The Peavey XXX is actually at the top of my list for amps, but I have yet to find one for my price for some reason :/

EDIT:
I actually just found an XXX 212 combo, the same one my friend used to have, for 550 on ebay, and the guy has 100% positive feedback. I'm pretty sure this is what I'll get. Thanks for the help all!
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Last edited by kumamilesbear at Dec 17, 2009,
^Sounds great. I hear that putting EL34 power tubes in these helps cure some of the over brightness and will give you more mid thump. If that one you found falls through use the Link In My Sig to find another one.
Thanks bro, I'll deff check that out if this one fails. And I'll try it out first. Like I said, my friend used to have one, but I don't remember too much top end. I'll play it for a while, and then decide whether or not its worth changing the tubes.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Last edited by kumamilesbear at Dec 17, 2009,