Hello all,
I am not sure, if I am in the right place, I hope so.

To the problem. I guess I am limited in Tremolo picking when changing string to my deep E during tremolo picking. It seems that string is too loose for ideally getting it with strumming hand. Using 10-46 strings in E standard.

Strange thing is, that my other guitar is with 13-60 in A standard and strings are even more loose and I have no problem with this technique. So I am confused.

Should I swap the strings from 10s to 9s, or should I try to rather add thicker E for not so big resonance of the string? Or is it just the technique?

You may say: try it and you ll see, but 9s Elixirs are 1/30 of month payment, so i do not want to make a mistake, and maybe someone had similar problem in the past and could give me some advice. This is big community, is it not? :-)

Thanks to any answer and opinion.
Ibanez RG570EX, Dunlop 8-38 E Standard, B.C. Rich Warbeast WMD, Dunlop 9-42 E Standard, Boss MT2, Sencor 30W, Planet Waves, Fast Track MkII. Dunlop Jazz III, Stubby
Last edited by Wakizashis at Dec 17, 2009,
there is no way that there is less tension on set of 13-60 than 10-46.

maybe in A, but i doubt it.

you did it wrong.
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
assuming they're on different guitars it may be the height you're playing at that is causing an issue, depending on body size etc. your string will be in a different place. Try having your guitar higher and lower. Also try other peoples guitars, see what issues/not you have with them. If you have to just go into a store and see what guitars you can and can't do it on.
Quote by `NeXxuS`
there is no way that there is less tension on set of 13-60 than 10-46.

maybe in A, but i doubt it.

you did it wrong.

There is
10-46 are in E
13-60 are in A

Both brands are Boomers from GHS.
Ibanez RG570EX, Dunlop 8-38 E Standard, B.C. Rich Warbeast WMD, Dunlop 9-42 E Standard, Boss MT2, Sencor 30W, Planet Waves, Fast Track MkII. Dunlop Jazz III, Stubby
Quote by doive
assuming they're on different guitars it may be the height you're playing at that is causing an issue, depending on body size etc. your string will be in a different place. Try having your guitar higher and lower. Also try other peoples guitars, see what issues/not you have with them. If you have to just go into a store and see what guitars you can and can't do it on.

Hello, I get your point of height. I have tried that but both guitar are in almost the same place (between chest and belly) and both are really comfortable although both are extreme shaped. Maybe it is bit better when my back is straight and not dived in front, But I have problem when practicing and need to see my rfeatboard a bit. String action is same too. A minor buzz on A string and E string when strumming hard. When picking relatively easily no sign of any fret buzz.

The plectrum I use is Jazz III which is not so tolerant i guess, but is more precise and lasts damn longer than any thinner picks.

Someones use 10s Elixirs for D standard... Maybe i ll give a chance to those 9s... Thank you man for your kind words. :-)
Last edited by Wakizashis at Dec 17, 2009,
Quote by Wakizashis
You may say: try it and you ll see, but 9s Elixirs are 1/30 of month payment, so i do not want to make a mistake, and maybe someone had similar problem in the past and could give me some advice. This is big community, is it not? :-)

If the strings you want are too expensive try cheap ones (D'Addario's probably) in the same gauge. There's no way $6 will be 1 days pay.