I have been looking for a new guitar for a while and obviously i have looked at ibanez and jackson, esp/ktd, caparison, carvin, etcetcetc. I have heard people talking about Agile guitars and Cort guitars.
Why are these brands avoided?
Is there anything wrong with them?
Why are they so cheap?
Any other questions class?
Thanks
GOAC FTW

Quote by Samdroid

"Hey, baby, you ready for me?"
"Yeah, let's do it all night long!"
"HHHNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHH" *pshshshhshshshht*

^^^ A cat shitting in a guitar case. ^^^
who said people don't like Agile?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
agiles are pretty good in my opionion, i'd never get one of therre 6 string as i find them ugly but i'd get a 7 string from them, there made very well and cheap. like all guitars it's always a hit/miss with stuff being wrong with them, you could buy a 7 string from them and the bridge could be messed but the rest of that same brand could be fine
I have a Cort.. it's good, not bad anyways for being $100 used, could use some new pickups, but other than that it plays real nice. check them out before you pass judgement on any of the afformentioned brands.
I don't know anything about Cort, but Agile isn't avoided :???:
Other than pickups and sometimes the tuners, I've never heard anything wrong with them.
Beats me.
Quote by tommyt
It's times like these I miss Algee ....

Indeed, come back and ban me for the week like last time
I don't often hear bad things about agile. Quite the opposite actually, they tend to have rather outspoken (rabid?) fans.

The thing about Cort and Agile is you can't get them at guitar center or musician's friend, which means a fair portion of UGers, and guitar players in general, don't know they exist.
I own an Agile 2800DLX and it is the 2nd best guitar that I own (just bought a Fender American Deluxe Strat). It need new pickups but the build quality and finish is amazing. Definitely as good/better than a gibson and only $300 (when I bought it several years ago)

Highly recommend.
They've got a cult following on UG as a matter of fact, if someone is looking for a cheap but functional guitar, people usually shout "Agile" - a lot of it is probably people on the bandwagon, but for their price, you get more than you would buying an Epi the same price.
Quote by kenan6346
They've got a cult following on UG as a matter of fact, if someone is looking for a cheap but functional guitar, people usually shout "Agile" - a lot of it is probably people on the bandwagon, but for their price, you get more than you would buying an Epi the same price.

Exactly. TBH the body and neck quality is probably better than an epi...maybe a gibson..its just the hardware (pickups, bad pots) that you have to watch out for...and those can be easily replaced.
Whoa!!! These guitars look awesome! I just tried one. ORGASMIC!!!(to say the least!)
If anyone needs convincing that these guitars are freakin awesome tell em to check out this fellow called KEITH MERROW! This guys a beast and a half. Can anyone say FREE EP!! This guy thoroughly convinced my sorry butt that I shouldnt pass one of these guitars up!
Thanks for the replies yall!!
GOAC FTW

Quote by Samdroid

"Hey, baby, you ready for me?"
"Yeah, let's do it all night long!"
"HHHNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHH" *pshshshhshshshht*

^^^ A cat shitting in a guitar case. ^^^
I don't feel like making a whole new thread for this quick question, but do they have chunky thick necks, like 60's Les Pauls or do they have slimmer necks?