*Edit* Added new pictures, check 'em out!

Brand new off the shelf, played it for about two hours and bought it.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Deluxe-Stratocaster?sku=511142

3-Tone Sunburst is the color I got. The thing is gorgeous. Plays and sounds just like I dreamed through my Peavey Classic 30. The S-1 switch wasn't working in the store so they knocked $75 off + 10% of the total price so I got it for $1475 with the nice case and all the extras. He told me when they get a new one into the store I can go in and swap them out, but when I got home and plugged in everything seemed fine. Still dunno if I'm gunna take it back when they get a new one in.

Anyway so I got a $1600+ guitar for $1475.. not a bad deal and its definitely the best guitar I have ever played. I went about 15-20 guitars before I came to this one. Mexicans, Americans, Japs, everything and I finally found one that felt just right.

Here are some pics, not too good and they don't do it justice. If anyone is looking to get a new guitar I would definitely recommend checking these out. Sure, I killed about 1/3 of my savings account, but this guitar will last me a good 20 years of solid shredding.

Leave any comments or questions you have.

Enjoy.
Last edited by GuitarGuy2387 at Dec 20, 2009,
I'm not a big Fender man, but that's a nice looking guitar. HNGD, treat it well, enjoy every inch of it
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Beautiful!

HNGD!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
love the nitro burst on those american strats!
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
HNGD! I like Fender Strats, but at some point, I wish they'd put some nicer nobs on their guitars

Color combo with the fretboard is sweeeeeeeeet!
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Thanks guys, I love playing along to chili pepper songs and my guitar/tone sound EXACTLY like Frusciante's tone. its uncanny actually.
Not a fan of the S1 system, those saddles, or rosewood necks (see sig) but that's a great looking guitar. Welcome to the club.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Last edited by Kevy Absolution at Dec 17, 2009,
Quote by GuitarGuy2387
Thanks guys, I love playing along to chili pepper songs and my guitar/tone sound EXACTLY like Frusciante's tone. its uncanny actually.

well now it will have to soun like Klinghoffers......
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
damn. thats a great pic you got of your guitar. I'm hoping to borrow my friends HD camera and get some professional shots of it. I opted for the rosewood fretboard, cause I just didn't like how the light colored looked. the S-1 adds an interesting sound, I still have to mess around with it, sounds good with my weeping demon wah pedal though.
I'm putting up a few more now to my profile.

I like the sound of maple a bit more, and they're easier to take care of, but it really doesn't make a Strat look any worse at all.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Congrats.

I love my Deluxe Ash Strat, and I've actually found the S-1 to be pretty useful.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
congrats man!!!

Looks to be one hell of a sexy bitch.....................I also imagine it plays well
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
Dude. Rosewood on a Strat that nice? For shame.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
Dude. Rosewood on a Strat that nice? For shame.

what's wrong with rosewood? I mean I agree that maple is better but plenty of people like the look/feel/sound of rosewood better
I have always been and always will be a Fender strat fan. It was the first guitar I ever had, and all that I play now except Gibson Lespauls which I love also.

I went through a period of not playing, when I got back into it I was thinking about strarting fresh with new gear. So with a open mind I went and tried Ibanez, Jackson, PRS and others but quickly realized that Fender strats (fat strats) were still my cup of tea.

I like the fat strat with floyd rose, but I have been thinking about a deluxe in black with gold pickguard to add on to my selection lately also. Though I would modify it to double humbucker config.

congrats
If you take care of it, it will last more than 20 years. You can have it for the rest of your life, really.
^ longer than that, could pass it on to a son/grandson

anyway, how do you like the noiseless pups?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
If you mean the SCN's that come in Deluxes, I think they're okay. They're not bad, by any means, but I'll probably replace them eventually.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
HNGD! i love my strat more every day

its the only guitar that ive sworn never to sell or ever get rid of.... may that guitar bring you years of joy! because i know mine will
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
There is nothing wrong with rosewood or maple it is all personal taste. I do have a passion for maple in part because my first strat was maple but I just got a white strat a couple months ago with a rosewood board and if feels and plays awesome.

There are suppose to be some slight tone differences between the two, to me it doesn't matter that much.
Nice!! Don't you just love 'em???
Fender Roadhouse Deluxe Strat
Vintage Acoustic
Home-made 18 Watt all valve Marshall clone
Talent: zero (but trying)