Hi, I have a 5150 slant cab, and I am replacing my speakers to vintage 30s, I am sold on them, I LOVE the way they sound, but Their mighty expensive, and I can only afford 2, Would the stock sheffield and the vintage 30s mix well? (I am also using a 5150 head)
I would look into less expensive V30 alternates like the WGS Veteran 30 or Hellatone 60.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Wgs speakers are really good, I liked mine better then the celestions
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by Van Noord
I would look into less expensive V30 alternates like the WGS Veteran 30 or Hellatone 60.

lol Hellatone 60's ARE V30's.
Bogner Ecstasy 101b
Sampson Era Bad Cat Black Cat 30R
1993 Mesa Dual Rectifier
Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony)
Gibson SG Faded (brown)
Rickenbacker 650D
Eventide Timefactor
Diamond Memory Lane 2
Keeley Compressor (2 knob)
Korg Pitchblack
Get some Hellatone 60's or WGS Veteran 30's. Or, if you want something better than all three, Eminence Wizards.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by warplanegrey
lol Hellatone 60's ARE V30's.

and are usually cheaper...thats why he recommended them
Quote by ch0
Get some Hellatone 60's or WGS Veteran 30's. Or, if you want something better than all three, Eminence Wizards.

I agree and disagree. SOund better live....recorded....not so much.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Sorry I didn't really say what I meant, I was wondering If the v30's and the sheffields would be a good combonation, Like in an x pattern. Thanks
Quote by GuitarGrenades
Sorry I didn't really say what I meant, I was wondering If the v30's and the sheffields would be a good combonation, Like in an x pattern. Thanks
Well then I think you already got your answer

People are just trying to give you the alternatives to the V30 so you can have that tone without dropping the cash.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
The Warehouse Guitar Speakers Veteran 30 is your solution! I have one mixed w/their Reaper 50 model in a 2x12 cab, and I honestly like the Veteran 30 more than the real deal. Plus they're like half the cost, so you will be able to afford 4 with your budget.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff