Page 1 of 2
like i said in another thread on Saturday i'm driving 20 hours out of state. now alot of what i listen to is relaxed music (like your more likely to fall asleep listening to. i listen to alot of country music, sublime, pearl jam (like yellow ledbetter) SRV, and blues)

so far the only band i know i wouldn't fall asleep listening to is rise against. only problem is i have 4 out of five albums, and their not going to last through the 20+ hours im driving.

so im asking the pit to give me suggestions on music that would keep you up.

the only thing i dont listen to really is metal, although i do listen to opeth, lamb of god, and five fingered death punch sometimes.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Eh, I fall asleep to everything. One morning I woke up and realised I was listening to Cannibal Corpse.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
nile.
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
To stay awake, listen to music you hate. Since you don't really listen to metal, i suggest getting a whole bunch of deathcore, like Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, Winds of Plague, etc.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
This should do the trick. I couldn't listen to this blasting in my car and get tired, plus its almost christmas.

Sorry about the big-ass pic
Well just look at almost any metal. It should help with it. A personal favorite of mine is Children of Bodem, one of the better metal bands in my opinion.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
i would disagree with listening to stuff you hate, you just end up switching of to it and it makes you bored. just play stuff you can sing along to and get involved in.
Quote by Thrill-house
This should do the trick. I couldn't listen to this blasting in my car and get tired, plus its almost christmas.

Sorry about the big-ass pic

my grandfather listens to that. seriously
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Get some Anal ****, you will actually want to shoot your brains out after the first song, it's that bad.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Eh, I fall asleep to everything. One morning I woke up and realised I was listening to Cannibal Corpse.

some cannibal corpse would make me break my radio/cd player/ whatever its playing on though.

i listened to i cum blood to see what you guys where talking about when you say it, and i realized how sick it was.

some of the other songs are alright though
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Just put state of the union by rise against on repeat should do the trick haha... or just the hectic techno there's no way i could ever sleep to that

Quote by ozzyismetal

Did you wake up wondering why you had dreamed about killing and dismembering people?

Screw metal, get some tranace/electronic/house music. They usually "pump" me up. Look up some Benny Bennasi, Eskimo, Infected Mushroom, Skazi, Hypersonic and David Guetta.

Or listen to the more aggresive songs of Pearl Jam, Even Flow, Porch, Rearview Mirror, etc.

Edit: guy above: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Last edited by el rulfo at Dec 17, 2009,
I'd suggest something that's just high-energy; my examples:

Don't Forget Me, Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Territorial Pissings, Breed - Nirvana
This is The End (For You My Friend), Turncoat - Anti-Flag
Dance Dance - Fall Out Boy

Obviously, just because those work for me, doesn't mean they'll work for you; pick songs that you actually like, and get into, or else it won't seem high-energy, just incredibly irritating.
i can't sleep to scream-o i hate it that much
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by benji8
Just put state of the union by rise against on repeat should do the trick haha... or just the hectic techno there's no way i could ever sleep to that

Did you wake up wondering why you had dreamed about killing and dismembering people?

eh, i fund out that state of the union works till the fourth or fifth play lol
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by k-train
my grandfather listens to that. seriously

Well then your grandfathers pretty cool. I dont blame him, its great Christmas music

Edit- Also anything from Andrew W.K is great and will keep you awake.
Last edited by Thrill-house at Dec 17, 2009,
Quote by herby190
I'd suggest something that's just high-energy; my examples:

Don't Forget Me, Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Territorial Pissings, Breed - Nirvana
This is The End (For You My Friend), Turncoat - Anti-Flag
Dance Dance - Fall Out Boy

Obviously, just because those work for me, doesn't mean they'll work for you; pick songs that you actually like, and get into, or else it won't seem high-energy, just incredibly irritating.

fall out boy might help. it would be either hit or miss though. some songs i hate others i like.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by Thrill-house
Well then your grandfathers pretty cool. I dont blame him, its great Christmas music

Edit- Also anything from Andrew W.K is great and will keep you awake.

i know i just thought it was funny that music a 85 year old dude listens to is mentioned in the pit.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by k-train
fall out boy might help. it would be either hit or miss though. some songs i hate others i like.
Same here; still, they do have some good music, I just didn't really give them a chance until I saw them live (they weren't the act I was there for, but they put on a great show).
fight fire with fire, mechanix, redneck, walk..

just listen to thrash, it will keep you awake.
Last edited by Carlos Again at Dec 17, 2009,
Quote by chaoticfables
Listen to anything you HATE. It keeps you up, no doubt.

True, once listened to a Lil Wayne guitar solo when my cousin showed it to me. I didn't sleep that night it pissed me off. I'm not trying to start anything, if you like him I respect that.
Quote by slipknot5678
True, once listened to a Lil Wayne guitar solo when my cousin showed it to me. I didn't sleep that night it pissed me off. I'm not trying to start anything, if you like him I respect that.

your cousin did that? i listened to it because i was curious and it wasnt that bad lol

i can see how you dont like it though. its alittle annoying lol
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by k-train
your cousin did that? i listened to it because i was curious and it wasnt that bad lol

i can see how you dont like it though. its alittle annoying lol

I honestly can't tell if you are joking or if you actually like it.
Quote by el rulfo
Screw metal, get some tranace/electronic/house music. They usually "pump" me up. Look up some Benny Bennasi, Eskimo, Infected Mushroom, Skazi, Hypersonic and David Guetta.

wat.

Download a bunch of hard dance promo mixes, burn them, and give them a listen. They're all about an hour, so it's not like you need too many of them. Hardstyle, hard trance (UK or Euro), freeform, hardcore, even happy hardcore if you don't mind copious amount of cheese, hard house, NRG, and full-on psytrance.

If you want any specific recommendations or guidance, just ask, either here or in the Techno & Dance thread in B&A > Other.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I listen to Time by Pink Floyd, the more upbeat Beatles songs (Especially from Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band), and songs that I can't help but sing along too. Songs that make me want to get active and sing with it or just dance wakes me up a lot more, and I could fall asleep to hard rock songs like Motley Crue, but wake up listening to some good ol Clapton (Wonderful Tonight is definitely on my 'wake up' playlist)

By the way, K-Train, meet a fellow Rise Against fan
Quote by slipknot5678
I honestly can't tell if you are joking or if you actually like it.

lol i didnt like it. i was joking but its not that bad. its not like listening to the jonas brothers where it sucks horribly but its not good either.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by k-train
lol i didnt like it. i was joking but its not that bad. its not like listening to the jonas brothers where it sucks horribly but its not good either.

My only problem is he mostly plucks open strings with his thumb, and his solo, in my opinion, makes ME look good, but that's cool. Your opinion probably makes more sense than mine
Quote by Axis177
I listen to Time by Pink Floyd, the more upbeat Beatles songs (Especially from Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band), and songs that I can't help but sing along too. Songs that make me want to get active and sing with it or just dance wakes me up a lot more, and I could fall asleep to hard rock songs like Motley Crue, but wake up listening to some good ol Clapton (Wonderful Tonight is definitely on my 'wake up' playlist)

By the way, K-Train, meet a fellow Rise Against fan

cool.

rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by slipknot5678
My only problem is he mostly plucks open strings with his thumb, and his solo, in my opinion, makes ME look good, but that's cool. Your opinion probably makes more sense than mine

naw my opinion isnt really about sense its about my personal choice in solos. i like stuff thats detailed like in November rain or SRV's life without you.

it just sounds too..... like i dont know how to say it i guess the term would be "beginner"

i mean its just my taste in music though. i dont have anything against fans of it or anything.

Quote by chaoticfables
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJrGn-U0650

Sorry for being a prick, but I don't know how this can be 'not bad'.

its something lol i look at it this way:

-it doesnt sound like hes randomly hitting notes
-it has some kinda pattern for rhythm going

so its not the worst out there. but its not that good either.

read what i told slipknot 5678. its all an opinion man.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Last edited by k-train at Dec 17, 2009,
March of the pigs - Nine inch Nails

My first song on my alarm. Wakes me the up every time.
Quote by speakers
SRV need no sleep ololol

I am not SRV!!!!!!

i am clearly a panda judging by my avatar

jk

rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Page 1 of 2