What's the biggest age difference you've had among bandmates, and also, what's the biggest age difference between you and someone you've jammed with?

Also, how much do you think age matters in a band setup?

Personally, I've always been with musicians within a couple of years of my own age. I put up an ad on Craigslist looking for bandmates, and didn't include that I'm a high school student, and the people who E-mailed me about it didn't say anything about age, so I don't know what to expect.
5 years was the biggest difference between me and a member of a band, though in taht same band the youngest was 7 years younger than the oldest
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
i'm 21, my bassist is 31. look at the old fart here haha (his name's adam)
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
The biggest age difference I've had between people I've jammed with is 25 years.

Jammed with mon pere.
a band from a neighboring town that mind band does shows with,

their rythm guitarist is 14 and the lead guitarist is 35
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
16, biggest age difference is 2 years.

Although my music teacher planned for me and a few of my friends to make a band together and he's kinda old. Sure how what age but I think somewhere in his early 40's. He's a really cool guy.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
16, biggest age difference is 2 years.

Although my music teacher planned for me and a few of my friends to make a band together and he's kinda old. Sure how what age but I think somewhere in his early 40's. He's a really cool guy.

this. exactly.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
I'm 22 and the lead guitarist is 41 so that's 19 years difference...his bday is before mine too.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Well in a lot bands where one of the members has died, they usually get young people to replace them for gigs and recording, the difference can sometimes be up to like 30 years..
The lead guitarist in my band is 13, Im 17 and our vocalist is turning 18 soon.
love is love // return to dust
There used to be a local band around here where all the members were in their 20's or so, while the drummer looked to be about 40
The biggest age difference in my band is between me and the bassist and it's about 10 months i think.... we're all 17

Me-14
Singer/Bassist-14 (older by a few months)
Lead Guitarist-14 (younger than me by two months)
Drummer- Found a 7th grader taht were willing to try out even though we would like someone our age
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
My band is roughly the same age. 4 of us are 16 and the other 2 are turning 16 in January.
I'm 18 and I've played for a while with 50 and 60 year olds. The only reason it didn't work out was differing tastes.
🙈 🙉 🙊
lead singer - 22
lead guitar - 19
bassist (me) - 20
drummer - 21
#DTWD
on a regular basis, i perform with people in their 60's, and I'm 18.

biases about age eventually are dissolved, people will respect you if your chops are up to par.
The average age of my church band is probably over 50, I'm 16. You do the math.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Ive never been in a band, but whenever i jam, its always with people my age-ish
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
I was in a band with my friend where his dad played drums. He was pretty much the official band dictator, and was well over 40.

I didnt stay in that band for very long.
My guitar teacher was in his 40's, and I've played with a few bands of guys that age. (not permanently, just for fun a few gigs)
Quote by Nor'Easterbass

Shameless self-promotion FTW!

Truly, age doesn't seem to be an issue. Personal choice though.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Me (bass): 21
Drummer: 21 in about 3 days.
Singer/keyboards: 20
Singer/Guitar 1: 26
Guitar 2:.. Idk... over 21
Quote by Nor'Easterbass

Your band's name is scary
In my own band, never more than a year, but the other day I jammed with this blues band on Beale street in Memphis and they were all like...60 haha. It was awesome!

i'm the tall white kid haha.
Too cool for a signature.
I was 3 years younger than everyone in my last band. I was 1 year older than everyone in my first band.
All my bandmates are within 6 months of each other.

Biggest age difference in a jam session would be 30 or so years difference. It was my friends dad who happens to be a brilliant drummer. We played for probably 2 1/2 hours. It was fantstic
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I jack off onto store aisles, hoping some b*tch will slip and get prego. It's sort of a hobby of mine.
I'm 20, and the other three members of my band are 32 through 36, I think. Our last drummer was also 20, so it evened out, but he left.

And they're all pedophiles
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
Me (bassist) - 16
rythym - 15
drummer - 16
lead - 18
singer - 18

i dont mind it.. since the lead guitarist is my best friend. We are musical soul mates.
When my band first started out, 2 of us were 17, one was 20 and we found a drummer who was 28 at the time. He was a cool guy, but it was a bit odd.
Now we're all 19/20 in the same band and I am slowly starting another band with a 23 year old and we have a 26 year old hopefully playing bass for us.
Age shouldn't matter as long as you are musically "together".

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.