Hey guys, I'm getting a head and cab this weekend.

I've already decided on the head, and I'm pretty solid on getting the Vox 4x12 cab.

It's a Vox V412bn and I was wondering what you guys think about it. If any of you have one or have tried one what is your opinion? Is it a quality cab and will it suit my styles (classic rock - hard rock - some metal) without having a problem?

I have a Vox 15w tube amp, and that seems to handle my musical abuse so I assume the 4x12 can handle it just as well.

Plus I'm getting it for a great price: 250 USD. Still, I'd like your opinions.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
What kind of head are you getting? And what do you want a 4x12 for?

I'm not going to tell you can't get it - it's your money. But I am going to say that a 2x12 or such may be just as good. A lot of people only get 4x12s for the sake of having a big rig; in reality they're no better than a smaller setup (for most things; sometimes they're very much appropriate) and with the added part of being huge. Thus difficult to move.

In terms of musical properties and construction - I've always known Vox to make their stuff well. Even the lower ends items, while not necessarily fantastic sounding, are always well-built from my experience. And IIRC, that cab is the standard one for the AC30CC head, so I imagine classic rock is what it's made for.
that's a good price, but if it doesn't have the alnico blue backs i wouldn't bother. i HATE the sound of the grey backs
Well, I'm getting the 4x12 because the wattage is perfect for my amp, with a little extra (It ends up being 120 watts). And it's actually cheaper than most of the 2x12s in the shop. I was wondering more about the sound really than anything else.

The head I'm getting is a Line 6 HD100 (I know what you're thinking, but it's actually a very great sounding TUBE amp, not solid state. 100 watts so it should push that 120W cab perfectly.)
Gear:
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Quote by Jsteele1408
Well, I'm getting the 4x12 because the wattage is perfect for my amp, with a little extra (It ends up being 120 watts). And it's actually cheaper than most of the 2x12s in the shop. I was wondering more about the sound really than anything else.

The head I'm getting is a Line 6 HD100 (I know what you're thinking, but it's actually a very great sounding TUBE amp, not solid state. 100 watts so it should push that 120W cab perfectly.)

actually it still is partially solid state, its a hybrid amp
Yeah, so is my current amp. But I've played it a number of times and I love the tone. It doesn't sound like a solid state, it has depth and feeling like a tube amp should. It's only when you start using some of the effects that it sounds like a solid-state.

Luckily for me I'm not a big effects guy, at the VERY most I might use a little reverb on my cleans.
Gear:
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Quote by Jsteele1408
Yeah, so is my current amp. But I've played it a number of times and I love the tone. It doesn't sound like a solid state, it has depth and feeling like a tube amp should. It's only when you start using some of the effects that it sounds like a solid-state.

Luckily for me I'm not a big effects guy, at the VERY most I might use a little reverb on my cleans.

I gotta give it to the spider valves, they're my favorite line 6 amp other than the vetta
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I gotta give it to the spider valves, they're my favorite line 6 amp other than the vetta

Yeah I was so surprised when I tried that HD100 head. I literally said to my friend right before I plugged in: "Yeah I'll give it a try... It's a line 6 though..." But then it bled notes so beautiful that coming back home to my 15W was just disappointing.
Gear:
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Maybe this has changed, but I thought the Line 6 heads were designed for use with their own fairly flat sounding cabs because they had speaker modeling built in. So using a very distinctive sounding cab like a VOX might be a bad idea???

Disclaimer: I have no experience with the specific cab or amp in question but I've used line 6 heads and vox cabs (not together) in the past.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Nah at the shop I've been playing it through the same Vox cab I mentioned.
Gear:
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Well then it seems like you would be in a better position to form an opinion than anyone here is likely to be.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

Quote by Even Bigger D
Maybe this has changed, but I thought the Line 6 heads were designed for use with their own fairly flat sounding cabs because they had speaker modeling built in. So using a very distinctive sounding cab like a VOX might be a bad idea???

Disclaimer: I have no experience with the specific cab or amp in question but I've used line 6 heads and vox cabs (not together) in the past.

But the Spider Valve cab has V30's in it?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
But the Spider Valve cab has V30's in it?

Looks like it. Maybe because of the hybrid thing they stopped using the bland cabs. IDK. It looks like the Spider IV cabs still have the flat speakers.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

Hey guys, after taking into account your opinions and concerns, I looked into the cab a little bit, and opted for a higher end version of the same cab, which was marked for 500 USD. I ended up getting the guy to give it to me for 250 after some talking down and the fact that I was buying an 800 dollar head at the same time.

Thanks a bunch for the replies!
Gear:
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Jsteele1408

you have a nice LTD
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Hey thanks man. It's basically just the deluxe version of yours. Glad to see someone else went for the NT. I love that string-thru sustain.

Though, for off-topic purposes, we should probably take this to our profile comment boards.
Gear:
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Vox 4x12 Cabinet