Not sure if this is the right sub-forums but what kind of guitar does Tim Armstrong use when he was in Operation Ivy?
Correct sub forum.
No idea, i wouldn't mind knowing though cause i really liked his tone on that album so free bump for you.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
i looked a bit like a gibson in some of the pics i've seen. buuuuuuuut, i don't think he could have afforded a gibson back then, so i wanna bet on just a random brand during his op ivy days. of course, i'm no expert, this is all just guessing...
I've seen pics of him in the old days with a strat (likely a cheap copy) and, if I'm not mistaken, a Jackson (a Dinky I think, but I'm no expert when it comes to those shreddy guitars).
What they said^

I love the band, but am I the only one who thinks his tone back then was quite terrible? I can live with it, but sometimes I just think damn...couldn't he have done a little better?
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED
Oh oh oh ask me ask me ask me

Kyle I have a question to ask you,

Not sure if this is the right sub-forums but what kind of guitar does Tim Armstrong use when he was in Operation Ivy?
I'm an asshole.
Quote by FunkyFire
What they said^

I love the band, but am I the only one who thinks his tone back then was quite terrible? I can live with it, but sometimes I just think damn...couldn't he have done a little better?

It was kinda bad, but more importantly the whole mix on a lot of old Lookout! recordings is tinny. But that's fine. They wouldn't be the same band if they had great guitar tones and top-notch recordings.
Quote by lookpizza
Kyle I have a question to ask you,

YES KEYLE TELL US