I am looking for ideas for a new amp from the UG community. Must have good clean sounds and be able to get nasty dirty. I play all types of music so versitility is key. I haven't thought about a price range yet as quality tone is the most important factor in the decision.
-----------------------------------
G.A.S. Afflicted
bugera/carvin

maybe you should do some investigation

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
try the peavey vypyr 60, I think it has tubes on the pre amp, thats really versatile and sounds good for me besides it has lots of pedals and effects incorporated

idk how much is it so you'll have to make some research
Line 6 Vetta if there's no price range.

And if you need lower, Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 or a used Line 6 Flextone (I prefer the Flextone).
you could be more specific.
good amps that might help getting you started...

bogner shiva. (great fendery cleans, nice fluid gain sort of marshally but american at same time)

any mesa is great. I like lonestar, more gain go markV . dual rec goes from clean to nasty dirty.

marshall has a few models worth trying
fender amps are good for bluesy/jazz stuff, put a nice od pedal in front and you have baby butt clean to gain.

suhr makes good shit

trying to think, i mean this can get you started but include what styles of music, and what guitars you use, what kinda sound you want etc...

trauma
I have been looking at the Mesa Express 5:25 but there is not one in my town to test drive. I have several different guitars (Les Paul Classic, Jackson Rhodes, etc...). Does anyone have first hand experience with the Mesa?
-----------------------------------
G.A.S. Afflicted
Quote by jgritz
I have been looking at the Mesa Express 5:25 but there is not one in my town to test drive. I have several different guitars (Les Paul Classic, Jackson Rhodes, etc...). Does anyone have first hand experience with the Mesa?
Yeah, I do.

Personally I didn't really like it. Some call it one of the worst Mesa's, and I'd have to agree. Just didn't sound "right" to me.