Welp Ive got around 150 usd and my amp JUST FRIED. LIKE FIRE. AND SMOKE. Did i mention fire?

^( I guess I shred that hard)

Anyways. Off topic. I was hoping to pick a little practice tube.....

Which would handle metal (Distortion pedals) better, Epi Valve Junior or the Bugera V5?

^Advice? Suggestions?

(Rg270dx)
I hear the valve plays nice with pedals
Digital Distribution sucks.
Well Im hoping to go play a few this weekend....but our GC is always crowded....Got to be focused......and know what Im looking for =)
The Bugera V5 is great. Haven't played the Epi. Have you looked at Blackheart's?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Blackheart Little Giant?
Blackheart Killer Ant?
Blackstar HT5?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Darkflame
^wouldn't it be hard to find an ht-5 for 150 quids?

Mah bad, missed the 150 quid budget today.

I think I'm gonna leave UG for the day now... a number of my post have some element of phial in it.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Your amp just caught on fire and now you're asking whether or not to get a Bugera, of all things?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
Your amp just caught on fire and now you're asking whether or not to get a Bugera, of all things?

Whats that supposed to mean?
Quote by djproffesork
Whats that supposed to mean?

You'd just be buying fresh lumber.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

He's trying to say that if you buy the Bugera that it will catch on fire/break, which is wrong.

I'd go for the Bugera if I were you, they seem to be pretty good sounding amps going by what many people have said.

Oh, and dont listen to people saying that it'll break straight away, Bugera's quality has greatly improved and their amps are fantastic value for money. To be safe though, get a warranty.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Last edited by DiizZ at Dec 18, 2009,
Quote by DiizZ
Oh, and dont listen to people saying that it'll break straight away, Bugera's quality has greatly improved

None of us here are the QC managers at Bugera's factories.

Hence no one on UG can tell you HOW GOOD OR HOW BAD, BUGERA AS A BRAND IS.

There have been users from the first batch who have not had any issues. Similarly, there are also users who have experience issues from amps from the first batches.

There are users who have no problems with the latest batches of Bugera. Similarly, there are also users who have some issues with their amps.

Its a fallacy to say that the latest batch of Bugera amps will be good or that all the first batches Bugera amp will fail.

However, what we do know on UG knows is that Bugera amps tend to plagued by QC problems, whether you get a lemon or a amp that’ll break in 3 months or an amp that will not have any issues is down to a matter of chance and luck.

What can be said about Bugera’s quality is that, they are renown for questionable quality. However that does not mean that ALL or that the amp you get will have problems.

However, one point you should ALWAYS keep in mind when buying a brand that is famed for bad QC is Caveat emptor .

We know that the likelihood of problems surfacing is high, hence buy at your own risk. It does not mean that it will be fail-proof or that problems will definitely arise, just that the probability of a problem surfacing is high.

Quote by DiizZ
To be safe though, get a warranty.

Now this is the smart move, get a warranty.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Last edited by ragingkitty at Dec 18, 2009,
Quote by DiizZ
He's trying to say that if you buy the Bugera that it will catch on fire/break, which is wrong.

I'd go for the Bugera if I were you, they seem to be pretty good sounding amps going by what many people have said.

Oh, and dont listen to people saying that it'll break straight away, Bugera's quality has greatly improved and their amps are fantastic value for money. To be safe though, get a warranty.

O RLY?

I never said that they sound bad and I never said that it would break straight away. Bugeras sound great in general (especially for the price), but unless you go through with the proper precautions and set up everything in the amp and do some work that should have been done in the factory, you have an incredibly high likelihood of having a broken amp soon enough. It's almost as if you're paying less than the competitor's prices (eg. Peavey) because you're going to have do an initial repair job before it's safe to run without the risking of blowing up.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

I didnt say that there werent going to be problems, but Bugera have improved the wiring of the amps. I think it was something about plastic clips causing problems, and they have since fixed that issue, which in turn, lowered the number of problems that were occuring.

I think no.mop's statement was much less correct than mine, saying that buying the amp was like buying fresh lumber is much less truthful than saying that Bugera's quality has improved...

EDIT:

No.Mop,

1. I never said anywhere inmy post that you said Bugera's didnt sound good...
2. If you said in your first post "Bugera's have a high likelihood of breaking down, if you dont follow precautions." Then I wouldnt have had any reason to post.

Lets get this thread back on topic,

No hard feeling meant

Quote by Danyg
valve junior the v 5 sounds like a fart, also if you feel adventurous you can mod the VJ
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by DiizZ
I didnt say that there werent going to be problems, but Bugera have improved the wiring of the amps. I think it was something about plastic clips causing problems, and they have since fixed that issue, which in turn, lowered the number of problems that were occuring.

I think no.mop's statement was much less correct than mine, saying that buying the amp was like buying fresh lumber is much less truthful than saying that Bugera's quality has improved...

Lets get this thread back on topic,

No hard feeling meant

As I have pointed out...

Caveat emptor

I'm not trying to say you were wrong or that no.mop was wrong, but rather UG needs to recognise that if Bugera is famed for low QC standards, then buying one represents a significant risk.

If the buyer still wants to go ahead, then the buyer needs to be prepared for a breakdown.

Or if people want to recommend Bugera, then they need to qualify their recommendations to say that the brand represents a high probability of after-sale problems.

/rant

I just want people to understand the risk of recommending that brand.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
My $.02:

no.mop: Things have changed since 6-12 months ago, in my experience. I despise Bugeras, but QC is NOT the reason (anymore, anyway...)

DiizZ: You really think the Bug is a better sound? Could be that we have vastly different tastes (I'm more a traditional twangbluesrawkslinger), but the Epi, even though it's a one-trick-pony, can really hit it. The booger just doesn't play in the same field.

IMHO!!!

Ragingkitty:
WELL Mutha-#%^in' said.
RK, I agree with you 100%.

EDIT:

Rutch, I had a VJ a while ago. While it was a nice amp, I think for the TS' needs the Bugera would be better, as he could get the V5 into slight OD, and then use an OD pedal to get the extra gain he needs, rather than using a pedal for all of his distortion.

Quote by Danyg
Quote by Rutch
Ragingkitty:
WELL Mutha-#%^in' said.

Thank you.

Quote by DiizZ
RK, I agree with you 100%.

Haha... an agreement... on UG.... not all hope is lost... either that or the n00bers have yet to flood UG... which is suspiciously late.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Wow I walk away from the computer and a war about bugera's QC is taking place =) Be nice =)

Although....Thanks for all this advice !
Quote by ragingkitty

Haha... an agreement... on UG.... not all hope is lost... either that or the n00bers have yet to flood UG... which is suspiciously late.

Too true

TS, good luck with your decision. If I were in your position, whatever amp I got, I would get a OD Pedal, not a distortion pedal. Then use your amp to get some overdrive, and the kick on the OD pedal to get to where you want.

Unless you need it at very low volumes, then a Dist. pedal will be your best bet.

Quote by Danyg
Hey i'm interest in this bugera v5 amp, do you guys know a place where i can order it international, more precisely to Portugal?
plz i really need help