Again, sorry if I posted this in the wrong category. I wasn't sure which one to put it in. But anyways, I can't figure out how to play "Lonely Train" by Black Stone Cherry. I'm looking at the tab but I don't understand how to play it really. Like maybe there is a weird strumming pattern... Is there a video lesson anywhere or can someone give me some tips? Thanks.
R.I.P. Paul Gray 04/08/72 - 05/24/10
Only the good die young...
The music may have died but the memories will live on in our hearts forever...
I'm gonna miss you Paul... Maggot for Life...
What exactly are you having trouble with? Your post is much too vague for us to help you.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
The only riff that sounded right when I played it was the second solo. I don't really know what I'm doing wrong for the main riff, and the powerchords at the beginning are stressing me out. I've tried palm muting, strumming patterns, etc. and none of it sounds any better than the last. So I'm not sure what to do about it. I have tried and tried for hours on end on numerous occasions and I am still unable to figure it out. Thanks.
Since the song's in drop C tuning, all the power chords are just barres. Getting it perfect requires a bit of strength. Use heavy palm muting and listen to the song a lot to get the rhythm.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
im learning the same song, if you email me i can send you tabs that might make sense, do you use Guitar Pro?
Often Intimidated, Often Duplicated Can Not Be Replicated
No I haven't downloaded it cause I can't afford it. And yeah I know that it's in Drop C, it just doesn't sound right.
Well legally I can't tell you to torrent Guitar Pro, but I would say download either Power Tab Editor or Tuxguitar. Tuxguitar can open the guitar pro files. And power tab is a very similar program.
Quote by Geldin
Ok I downloaded Tuxguitar. Now what?
Quote by BigZman95
Ok I downloaded Tuxguitar. Now what?

Download a guitar pro file for the song.
Quote by Geldin
I did and have been trying to learn it for the past two hours and nothin =(
Make a video or audio recording and post it.
Quote by Geldin